Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
University of Kansas hired a good coach, so there’s still hope we can in the future if the GTAA will interview more than 3 people and if so interview some good candidates. Seems like Tstan really took the easy way out on this hire and we’re paying for it big time.
I think G****C***** was his top pick from day 1. He was probably on the phone with him the minute CPJ walked out of his office.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
COACH - gave no notice.

We were and are 200,000,000 in debt.
Last in acc in donations and ticket revunue

Coach w Playbook in head quit with no notice.

Sorry but we were like clouds with no rain $$$$

Imo, no TOP 20 coach would even accept the rebuild job? Besides we were broke. Maybe if we has a long time hunt we would be' better off.

BUT It is what it is.

Somehow the Bus Station shopper brought loyal tech men back-- choice and coleman and key. (Amazingly we got Gibbs.)

But he had a bus station budget and a tight time window so he brought his crew.
That was step 1

Now for step 2
Time to get the cheap gt retired engineers to make it rain enough so we can hire coordinators that don't need any help from collins to field and game manage a solid team. We have some good talent on field so good coordinators can be' attracted .

Adding them would surely allow for improved recruiting by collins.
Imo this is the plan

Coach Choice is planning on staying until we are a championship team.

Seems like tstan has to get a us to send some rain to get real coordinators .

Perhaps we are clouds without rain.
Almost all irrelevant to my point. My point is the Heisman's and Dodd's of the world were proven or known before taking the job. Dodd apprenticed under Alexander for decades.

Geoff had almost no experience. About the only thing you can conclude from your post is that Geoff was willing to accept the job. Not the best criteria for extending an offer.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I know I'm thinking long and hard after 40 years of season tickets and the people around me half said they would not be back till he is gone.
I'll be giving up our season tickets and will reassess after hopefully seeing better results in terms of W's next year. I simply can't watch a team with this kind of Defensive performance which has clearly trended downward all season - unbelievably frustrating. Life's too short - will be more fun doing almost anything else next season...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Christmas will be here soon which is good cause that means we will go 9 months before we lose again.

So now is the time to think what you would like to give to CGC for Christmas, let work on our list to give him;

OIP.hT5Il4-ZTUyrdk_zyT57GwAAAA
300141d94cad729b020fc51488431fd807c1ec34.jpg
53bce3b9-1ea5-4ece-9b9a-bdfcde2f4334.e70d761d7fc7d94d5d791dd1391177a1.jpeg

OIP.DcMXhM9mQ_NsC59km9IYsQHaEK
OIP.ZCOvn-se2qbrg85lJcDkxAAAAA

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
That’s my whole point. Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Oregon State, Vandy, Duke, etc will never be elite football programs. Other schools have figured out that you can be elite in sports other than football and still provide a great deal of pride and entertainment within your athletic department.

I have friends who are currently enrolled, and are recent graduates at Miss St, and they say baseball games are the most fun thing on campus all year. A few of them aren’t even actual baseball fans, they just like it because it’s a big event. That’s why there are so many casual football fans, because it’s a big event held on a weekend where a lot of people gather either at the stadium, at home, or out at bars or whatnot to watch it.

I seriously doubt Miss St. fans would trade in their one and only natty just to beat Ole Miss this year. If it was to win 10 games a year and beat Ole Miss 5 times in a row? Sure. But not for 1 game, and not for a 7 win season. That’s what my original comment was about. Someone said they’d trade every ounce of success by our other programs from a winning season. That would be about the worst thing possible for GT sports.

It’s all relative. I’m sure Vandy would trade in a year or 2 of being elite in baseball for a year or 2 of being above average in football because they already have titles. They already have a name for themselves. Kansas would almost definitely trade in a year of being a title contender in basketball for a year of being even average at football. Because once again, they already have titles and a huge brand name in basketball.

Miss St. doesn’t have that history. They’ve always been pretty good at baseball, but never have they had a title. For them the payoff would have to be much larger than being above average in football, it would likely need to be a playoff contending team.

Georgia, a team desperate to get the monkey off their back in football would likely forfeit every single game in every sport to secure a football natty. But after they got their first I doubt they would do it again. Georgia has a pretty rich baseball history too, and they would definitely get tired of Tech beating them every year in baseball and basketball. Failing to beat Georgia in non football sports haunted Tech in what was probably one of the worst eras in overall GT sports after the 2016 football win. I think over the next 3 seasons of baseball, basketball, and football we went something like 1-11 against them. That’s pitiful, and it just increased their already incredibly tight grip on the state.
Whoa, I think maybe we're talking past each other a little bit.

I said they'd trade their baseball success for comparable football success.

I agree that they wouldn't trade a natty in baseball for a win over ole miss (although..honestly...a lot would).

That said, I'm not 100% I agree with you that State will never be an elite program. PROBABLY, sure, but just yesterday a pair of 4 stars decommitted from Ole Miss, and another might be pending, and State is looking in good shape to get some of them (particularly the WR Dortch).

If they can keep their standard MSU "above average but not elite" defense, and use the prospect of "the Air Raid in the SEC" to line up a couple top notch WR's and OT's....man stuff could break their way.

All they need is one year where they lose to Bama, but beat everybody else, and I could see them getting over the line.

Again, PROBABLY not, but for my money, right now, State is the most interesting program in America.