Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never understood why folks think “wanting him to fail” is a thing? I’m sure folks do want him to fail but why is that even a thing?

Wants and Hopes mean nothing. Collins will succeed or fail based on his coaching and not on wants or hopes of others. Me hoping the Braves win did nothing to help or hurt them. They won because they played well. Collins has total control of his future. Feelings or wishes don’t change that. He has a chance in 2 days to win a game or lose a game. None of us have any part in either of those two scenarios. It’s all on him (his staff is part of him and his players are part of him). What I or anyone thinks may happen doesnt mean a thing and doesn’t make us good or bad fans.
Amen, brother. We seem to forget this very, very basic matter aroun d here a whole lot.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Thacker had his guys practicing basic tackling drills earlier this week after so many yards given up after contact. It's been pretty obvious that we have been tackling high so the runners just keep churning and carrying the pile another 2 - 4 yards. May have been his philosophy to hold the runner up and then strip the ball out. It hasn't been working for us. Maybe we should be tackling around the waist or at their legs to stop forward progress. With 4 games left and practicing basic tackling is concerning.
This is spot on. They’ve sacrificed yards for turnovers since the beginning. I’m sure this is a tendency that other offenses know well about.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Going from 3-9, 3-7 to 4-8 (hopefully) to 5-7 (dreaming) is not progress. We started at 7-6. That’s still regressing.
Let me help you first put on these gold glasses. Now the proper way to look at it is not base it on past seasons CGC taught me this we started the year with 0 wins so now we have 3 ( now are you seeing we have improved from 0 wins to 3? We don't count losses we look at them as a learning tool which we have had many over the last 3 years.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Let me help you first put on these gold glasses. Now the proper way to look at it is not base it on past seasons CGC taught me this we started the year with 0 wins so now we have 3 ( now are you seeing we have improved from 0 wins to 3? We don't count losses we look at them as a learning tool which we have had many over the last 3 years.
I’ve lost track of which year is “Year Zero”. If it’s this year that would make next year “Year 1”. I sure hope so because we have 7 years to go & every year we don’t start is another year we haven’t started.

Jmonty71

Banned
Last year, it was "next year". This year, it's "next year". And if we go through this next year, what??? "Next year, again??"... GT has very low expectations. Perhaps I should get an overpaid job there, as well.... I sure would like to make 300K and more a year and not have to deliver... As a fan, you get tired of hearing "next year", "elite", "high level" and other slogans, that doesn't equal anything but loses. At what point is it enough????

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You are a kool-aid drinker, like Collins, and are a supporter of what he is doing........ yet you leave a game at half time?

I have criticized the coaching, and some might think that I am anti-CGC. (I don't think I am anti anything) However, I stay in the stands until the end of the game. I support GT. I go to games. I stay until the end of the games. Whether you like the marketing talk or you don't like the marketing talk, whether you believe the coaching staff is perfect or think they need to improve, you should show the players on the field support.
I suspect if one pays for his ticket he can leave when he wants, without guilt.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The easy answer is, when it's more expensive to keep him than fire him.

If next year is the same as this year, then I'd be amazed to see a year five...

I agree 100% with the first statement.

Given that, I don't have enough information to agree with the second statement or not. Not saying it (or you) are wrong but it is strictly a $ decision if/when it is made. Do you have any insight into the data or is it a hunch?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree with much of what you said.....but GC has brought much of this on himself.....between the passive aggressive swipes at CPJ, the chest thumping abot what a great job e will do, the BS talk of being elite while losing to far lesser teams, the willingness to through away multiple seasons to do things "his way" and then the flipping off of the fan base................has turned a lot of people to believing that the sooner he is gone, the better it will be for GT.
Had Johnson said yes, could you ever imagine him carping immediately that nobody on the football team could play his offense and so this will take awhile?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Last year, it was "next year". This year, it's "next year". And if we go through this next year, what??? "Next year, again??"... GT has very low expectations. Perhaps I should get an overpaid job there, as well.... I sure would like to make 300K and more a year and not have to deliver... As a fan, you get tired of hearing "next year", "elite", "high level" and other slogans, that doesn't equal anything but loses. At what point is it enough????

"next year"...

/

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Understand your sentiments completely. I left the Pitt game early too. And yes the UGA game may well be a slaughter. But we need all of the gold and white we can muster in the stands that day to offset the sea of red. We cannot allow BDS to be a home game for them.
We got to figure how we can get all the red out at Bobby Dodd when we play the pups. It is a embarrassment two see that they can just take over our stadium at will. That’s is the Jackets nation problem and we got two do something about it.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
We got to figure how we can get all the red out at Bobby Dodd when we play the pups. It is a embarrassment two see that they can just take over our stadium at will. That’s is the Jackets nation problem and we got two do something about it.
There isn't really a way to do that when the dwags are willing to spend the price of a season ticket to secure that seat.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Did you not read the posts? We are talking about being in your seat at the end of the game when we are clearly beaten. Im sure the players do like to come out of the tunnel to a packed house. I agree with you. But, if you think they care that you are still there when down 20 with 5 minutes left then you are nuts. Personally, I don’t care at all what the players think or don’t think. They are a commodity that we replace every couple of years. They get their freebies while here and their training for the NFL to keep them happy and we get some excitement. Its a great system for all involved.
Yep, i read the posts. Your comments here soften your position a little and I probably wouldn't have taken any issue if it was said like this. That being said, I still disagree. The kids care if the stadium is packed. They probably don't care as much if they are winning by 30, but emptying a stadium when you're losing by 30 just pours more salt in the wound. Yes, the kids understand why people have left, but they don't like it.

Edit: Nick Saban gets on Alabama fans for leaving. People just don't like empty stadiums.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never understood why folks think “wanting him to fail” is a thing? I’m sure folks do want him to fail but why is that even a thing?

Wants and Hopes mean nothing. Collins will succeed or fail based on his coaching and not on wants or hopes of others. Me hoping the Braves win did nothing to help or hurt them. They won because they played well. Collins has total control of his future. Feelings or wishes don’t change that. He has a chance in 2 days to win a game or lose a game. None of us have any part in either of those two scenarios. It’s all on him (his staff is part of him and his players are part of him). What I or anyone thinks may happen doesnt mean a thing and doesn’t make us good or bad fans.
You underestimate voodoo? 😂