Mods please read!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not to get this off topic, but did anyone see Bellicheck doing a 30 min press conference on rubbing balls. I don't like the guy or his team but I have to admit there were some pretty good one liners in there.

Frankly, I don't quite understand why there's so much creaming over a bunch of HS kids. Yes I want good players and students that want to play for the white & gold, but panicking over whether or not someone tweeted something positive about somebody else, their facial expression in a photo, whether they're paired up with player a or b and where they went to dinner. Gotta admit though, it's entertaining reading the daily banter although I frequently forget who the recruit is and what they're good at. Glad we've got coaches to handle all that stuff.

Lastly, hope someone's tracking Mason's performance at the Sr Bowl. I don't know jack about OL blocking except for when you're OG is demolishing a CB 30 yds downfield and your QB is still trying to catch up so he can score a TD then he's probably doing a good job. I do like reading the reviews after the games by the experts.

That's it, I promise to do better staying on topic going forward but had to get all this out first. You've got my word on that.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Not to get this off topic, but did anyone see Bellicheck doing a 30 min press conference on rubbing balls. I don't like the guy or his team but I have to admit there were some pretty good one liners in there.

Frankly, I don't quite understand why there's so much creaming over a bunch of HS kids. Yes I want good players and students that want to play for the white & gold, but panicking over whether or not someone tweeted something positive about somebody else, their facial expression in a photo, whether they're paired up with player a or b and where they went to dinner. Gotta admit though, it's entertaining reading the daily banter although I frequently forget who the recruit is and what they're good at. Glad we've got coaches to handle all that stuff.

Lastly, hope someone's tracking Mason's performance at the Sr Bowl. I don't know jack about OL blocking except for when you're OG is demolishing a CB 30 yds downfield and your QB is still trying to catch up so he can score a TD then he's probably doing a good job. I do like reading the reviews after the games by the experts.

That's it, I promise to do better staying on topic going forward but had to get all this out first. You've got my word on that.

There is a thread on Shaq at the Senior Bowl ;)

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

And how much should I value that word? Now to the jail I go! To work that is!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Switch over to Shaq's Senior Bowl thread. Several of us have posted over there.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of the derailments are due to people who try turn threads into verbal conversations. It's just natural to want to toss out an off-topic comment if someone posts something that you may find of interest. I've fallen into the same trap. One thing I have noticed - we are all a bunch of gossips.:sneaky:
Yeah, so have I. I try to stay on topic and other stuff oozes in from the sidelines. I'll watch that in future.

Oth, I don't gossip. Much.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is why tech support are full of angry people.

You young kids have no idea about error message until you program with cards. Takes 10-20 minutes between runs to find out if you have success.

Seriously, Eric's point is that we all need to refrain from getting off topic. And for people who do, redirect back to the thread.

I'm glad the uniform people aren't posting lately, that is probably a July/ early August thing. (troll / tic)

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Jayparr made a good observation. Although I feel we are a far superior product to the other named sites, I doesn't hurt to offer a little constructive criticism. We should all try to stay on topic a little better. I know I have strayed myself in the past. We have a great community here and there haven't been a ton of problems because, for the most part, people are conscientious. For that I am thankful.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I think Jayparr made a good observation. Although I feel we are a far superior product to the other named sites, I doesn't hurt to offer a little constructive criticism. We should all try to stay on topic a little better. I know I have strayed myself in the past. We have a great community here and there haven't been a ton of problems because, for the most part, people are conscientious. For that I am thankful.
I have a lot of respect for your in puts on this board, but none more than this one!!!!

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the first board of any kind that I have ever participated in (old dog/new trick) and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Thanks to all for your comments especially the staff. I have become addicted in a very short time.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
hmmm... Personal message should be the best recourse when you think that threads are being hijacked. No need to publicly air this. This is a GREAT board, and the mods do a great job.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This thread has now been hijacked at least 4 times! lol.

Seriously, this is the best board, by far, and I've been a member of many. Hijacking is the least of the annoyances at some boards and none of that stuff happens here. I think the mods are doing a great job redirecting discussion and doing a great job not being board nazis, too. That said, we could all do a little better with a lot of stuff, but hey, who's perfect?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This board has really gone downhill lately.
bigcry.gif

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
For what it's worth, I think this is by far the best community for talking about GT athletics I've found, and that includes the actual SWARM. Part of that is that I'm talking to real Tech fans, and it's really powerful to see that I have deeply held beliefs in common with men who got out in the 50's and side walk fans who walked up this year.

A lot of the living community that is this forum comes through in posts that are, technically speaking, not on topic.

That being said, there are some common courtesy things like don't post a new reply about nothing in a thread people are watching for news.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Been on four boards and like them all and have long time friends on other boards yet this one is probably more civil respoinding to bloggers opinions...have no problem with what folks post and so far comments about what we post are okay.I will say though if you want to find out who is playing for or who is going to attend Tech this is the board to do so...Two of the boards I am on will only deal with you if they lilke your blogs....here we are in good shape and nobody should be that upset since..............what ever we want the AD and others will do as they like but it does make us feel good to vent....I like this board even though at my age(67) when I talk about dodd or wonderful unis some probably scratch their heads but folks here have handled me very well.