Mods please read!

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Been on four boards and like them all and have long time friends on other boards yet this one is probably more civil respoinding to bloggers opinions...have no problem with what folks post and so far comments about what we post are okay.I will say though if you want to find out who is playing for or who is going to attend Tech this is the board to do so...Two of the boards I am on will only deal with you if they lilke your blogs....here we are in good shape and nobody should be that upset since..............what ever we want the AD and others will do as they like but it does make us feel good to vent....I like this board even though at my age(67) when I talk about dodd or wonderful unis some probably scratch their heads but folks here have handled me very well.

For what it's worth, Mack, you're exactly about whom I'm talking. You and I probably don't agree on a whole mess of things, but we're both Tech men and it shows. And that's pretty neat.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Agree as long as folks are civil and can backup posts with facts no problem from me......I like the board and of course not a fan of the offense or unis......bot a BIG fan of winning and beating GA

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
As much as I'm open to criticism, it's significantly more helpful if it's constructive.

For example, it would have been more constructive for problem posts to be reported than just creating a thread like this. As Eric already stated, we can't possibly read every single post that is posted on a daily basis and we will never make such guarantees. We help run this site on our free time so we will miss stuff every day if not every minute. I just took a look to see if we overlooked a reported post but the last report we received before this thread was Jan 11th and we took care of that already.

Let me be a bit blunt; if you consider threads going off-topic to be a problem but you aren't reporting the threads that go off-topic then you are part of the problem. It's fairly simple to do and shouldn't take much time. There is a "Report" link under every post and write "off-topic" in the note and it will simply alert all the mods. Once reported, we will investigate, possibly discuss internally, and then decide what actions to take, if any.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to better promote the concept of reporting problem posts, I'd love to hear it.

PS. For those of you who do report posts, we really appreciate it!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
As much as I'm open to criticism, it's significantly more helpful if it's constructive.

For example, it would have been more constructive for problem posts to be reported than just creating a thread like this. As Eric already stated, we can't possibly read every single post that is posted on a daily basis and we will never make such guarantees. We help run this site on our free time so we will miss stuff every day if not every minute. I just took a look to see if we overlooked a reported post but the last report we received before this thread was Jan 11th and we took care of that already.

Let me be a bit blunt; if you consider threads going off-topic to be a problem but you aren't reporting the threads that go off-topic then you are part of the problem. It's fairly simple to do and shouldn't take much time. There is a "Report" link under every post and write "off-topic" in the note and it will simply alert all the mods. Once reported, we will investigate, possibly discuss internally, and then decide what actions to take, if any.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to better promote the concept of reporting problem posts, I'd love to hear it.

PS. For those of you who do report posts, we really appreciate it!
In all due respect; I was referring to an array of replies to different threads. Not one in particular. I made the statement that I am not a computer guy so therefore I did the only thing I thought to do. I will not bring anything like this up again. But let me say one last word about my thoughts. When I am reading a n interesting thread. And then all of sudden the interruptions comes up with multiple replies this is disconcerting to thumb through until I find a continuation of the original thread. This is my last reply of any sort of a complaint! Jayparr.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I was referring to an array of replies to different threads. Not one in particular.
I understand. There is no limit on the number of posts you can report so you can report all of them or even just the ones you see will be helpful.

I made the statement that I am not a computer guy so therefore I did the only thing I thought to do.
My previous reply includes information on how to report posts. Feel free to test it out by reporting this post if you're still unsure of how to report posts.

I will not bring anything like this up again.
You are welcome to bring this up again if you are reporting posts and we are still not resolving the issue.

When I am reading a n interesting thread. And then all of sudden the interruptions comes up with multiple replies this is disconcerting
I understand the concern and I think a lot of us would agree. This is why it's important everyone help keep discussions on track and not stray way off course.