Mods please read!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This used to be an exceptional Tech information and entertainment board. Still is very good. What imo is bringing it down somewhat is that the threads are loosing their identity. They are being high jacked quite a lot. It is getting very tiresome to go to a thread I am watching closely only to have them high jacked: not by one reply , but many. It is getting very old. Sorry, but this is going the way of sting talk. I hope this can be fixed. Best regards. Jayparr

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This is what the report button is for.

John, Cuse, Boom and I do the best we can but we also have a life outside of Georgia Tech (believe it or not) so we can be here 24/7...and we can't catch it all. We remind people over and over to stay on topic and this a issue we need you guys to help us with.

As always...if there is something you think the mod team should see then hit the report button.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
This is going nowhere near the level of that other site. I think it's still very informative and it is by far the best sports message board that I've ever been a part of. I've shown friends that are fans of other schools and they think it is really impressive as well. It's the off season so we need to expect some discussion that isn't a fulfilling as mid season talk.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This is going nowhere near the level of that other site. I think it's still very informative and it is by far the best sports message board that I've ever been a part of. I've shown friends that are fans of other schools and they think it is really impressive as well. It's the off season so we need to expect some discussion that isn't a fulfilling as mid season talk.
Respectfully; I am saying start another thread instead of filling D. jacksons thread with none about his recruitment. Their are now many other threads like that!

Droc

Georgia Tech Fan
This site is easily the best board out there. People just need to keep their posts in line with the thread's topic. \
And if the last post in a thread is hours old, don't bump it up to the top with a meaningless post that doesn't provide any info (especially in the threads dedicated to potential commits).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This site is exceptional. That is due in verylarge part to Eric, Cuse, and Boomer. But the contributors, all members, make it so as well on a consistent basis. I will concede though that many of us could do better about not derailing threads, *cough* Stanford *cough* Vandy. And I've been an offender of some of that as well. You have to expect some slightly off topic comments here and there....It aint really much of a discussion without some of that. Threads that get seriously derailed don't happen a ton.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
This recruiting season is the SECOND season of the year!! For football. Rec. IS another season to follow the season of games.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Because I am talking about about threads having to do with football!

No, you're talking about threads in the recruiting forum. There is a lounge for discussing the site and improvements. There's a report function. @Eric respected your post more than it deserves when he didn't move it, imo. Some posts really are ::bigcry:: worthy.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
No, you're talking about threads in the recruiting forum. There is a lounge for discussing the site and improvements. There's a report function. @Eric respected your post more than it deserves when he didn't move it, imo. Some posts really are ::bigcry:: worthy.
Thank you AE87. I am not a computer whiz. Barely can use them. I am also getting ready to go deal with the co. inmates so I didn't even consider placing the thread else where. Next time will be a next time!

I am relatively new here, and I don't have a problem with the way things have played out since I started. At least there are no trolls, ads, or haters on here.

Off topic, I realize, but I need some help. A friend of mine up near Spartanbug can't even access this site, no matter which browser he uses. Does anybody have a clue as to why he can't? He gets some kind of error message. I figure he must have some kind of setting on his system that is, for whatever reason, blocking it, but I don't have any idea what that might be, nor does he. Any help would be appreciated.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I am relatively new here, and I don't have a problem with the way things have played out since I started. At least there are no trolls, ads, or haters on here.

Off topic, I realize, but I need some help. A friend of mine up near Spartanbug can't even access this site, no matter which browser he uses. Does anybody have a clue as to why he can't? He gets some kind of error message. I figure he must have some kind of setting on his system that is, for whatever reason, blocking it, but I don't have any idea what that might be, nor does he. Any help would be appreciated.
I find it ironic that in a thread about threads going off topic, you just went off topic. :)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think a lot of the derailments are due to people who try turn threads into verbal conversations. It's just natural to want to toss out an off-topic comment if someone posts something that you may find of interest. I've fallen into the same trap. One thing I have noticed - we are all a bunch of gossips.:sneaky:

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

This is why tech support are full of angry people.