Mississippi State DC Leaving?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the writing is on the wall? Mullen to the Big Blue? Collins will definitely have a better defense at UF than either State or Michigan.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Wow. I wonder if he has addressed the team yet.

giphy.gif

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I just saw this posted on another site:

Geoff Collins will not coach in the Orange Bowl and is ready to assume his new duties at Florida.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
The MSU boards are discussing whether it was a impolite move for Florida to not let Collins coach in the OB, so I imagine word has filtered down to them about him being gone already.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He clearly wanted no part of trying to defend our offense. ;)

The first person he called when he found out MSU was playing us was his agent:

GC: "You have 3 weeks to find me a new job!"
Agent: "Are you in trouble?!"
GC: "Yes...my career will be if I have to defend Paul Johnson's offense. I have to recruit against GT, no way I can do that if I get trampled by that God forsaken offense! That offense is a career killer."
Agent: "Slow down now..."
GC: "Three weeks, or I'm getting a new agent..." **hangs up phone**

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow, starkville burning between Mullen and Collins. From the sounds of everything, Mullen has burned his bridges out of starkville and didn't mind tossing Collins over the gap.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That and he is not getting interviews because his "reference checks" are coming back negative. Somebody might still take a flyer on him since he's a winning coach.

Thanks for the elaboration. I remember reading or hearing there weren't exactly warm/fuzzy relations between he and UF due in part to his connection (perceived or otherwise) to Meyer. He might want to try to get comfortable. Before this year he was on a pretty warm seat.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That and he is not getting interviews because his "reference checks" are coming back negative. Somebody might still take a flyer on him since he's a winning coach.

Well, sometimes a person can get bad references because they deserve them, and sometimes, the person being asked, maybe Foley from FL, is the real issue and not the person being asked about....just saying