Mississippi State DC Leaving?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like. Hoping Mich comes after Mullen now that Les Miles supposedly officially turned down the Wolverines again.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos ...

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Don't know the whole story, but think there was bad blood between him and us, correct? Either way, it's good. Distraction will work in our favor.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
All I know negative recruited against while at Miss St. causing Tolando Cleveland to flip.

But you got to play the game to win whether it get ugly or not

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All I know negative recruited against while at Miss St. causing Tolando Cleveland to flip.

But you got to play the game to win whether it get ugly or not
Come on man. Principles should never be compromised to land a recruit. That's what separates us from them. Herbstreit said "GT does it the right way...." right after FSU beat us in the ACCCG. I like to believe that.

Now if you're just saying it's ok to be honest and truthful even if it's shines a bad light on your opponent, that's different as long as it's factual and correct.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
geoff collins will never come back to tech, and it wasn't just cause he bolted. its been mentioned elsewhere that he did his best to burn any bridge while on the recruiting trail.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Geoff Collins seems like the kinda coach players run through walls for. I see this as a demoralizing blow for the defense. Similar to James Franklin leaving Vanderbilt.

I would think it'd be worse for the team if he stayed.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins seems like the kinda coach players run through walls for. I see this as a demoralizing blow for the defense. Similar to James Franklin leaving Vanderbilt.

I would think it'd be worse for the team if he stayed.
At the very least it's a distraction. We can't bank on distractions, though, if that were the case, FSU would have fallen flat against us.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Come on man. Principles should never be compromised to land a recruit. That's what separates us from them. Herbstreit said "GT does it the right way...." right after FSU beat us in the ACCCG. I like to believe that.

Now if you're just saying it's ok to be honest and truthful even if it's shines a bad light on your opponent, that's different as long as it's factual and correct.

That's a very naive comment. We do it everyday on here when we see a recruit we are competing for with interesting in UGA, SEC school or any other "factory" school. "Oh good luck living in a trailer park with that degree" This is big business and results oriented business. You do what you have by any legal means necessary

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's a very naive comment. We do it everyday on here when we see a recruit we are competing for with interesting in UGA, SEC school or any other "factory" school. "Oh good luck living in a trailer park with that degree" This is big business and results oriented business. You do what you have by any legal means necessary

Yeah, coaches walk a fine line in the recruiting game but there is a line. If a guy crosses it, he should/probably does understand he potentially burns a bridge. From the rumblings we've heard about Collins since leaving GT, it sounds like he did indeed cross that line w.r.t. us.

At the very least it's a distraction. We can't bank on distractions, though, if that were the case, FSU would have fallen flat against us.

Yep. I'm all for chaos in Starkville.