Mills

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mark it down: we will line up Q as Bback and MM at Aback. Marcus will then motion to an I, and we'll play some smash mouth.
Love it.
Then bring in vante at bb and cotrell e and qua at ab and show the speed and pass formation.

We are getting dilerious waitng for Toe meets leather

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Mark it down: we will line up Q as Bback and MM at Aback. Marcus will then motion to an I, and we'll play some smash mouth.
I'll mark it down if Cook or CPJ said so, otherwise i decline to mark it down. [emoji2]

I would imagine we have enough beef and physical superiority over the right hand side of the line to be successful with this idea. I know this; we have to be better in short yardage, somehow.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our whole goal line set is already smashmouth. What we're more likely to see is Matthew come in for JT and run behind Shamire the way Byerly used to run behind Shaq.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Only time will tell what Dedrick's potential is. However, I live in Waycross where Dedrick is from and know him. I can tell you that he has changed a lot for the better since he has enrolled at Tech. First, he has gotten a lot stronger in the weight room and you can see it especially in his torso. He was no weight room slouch to begin with either. The thing that excites me most though is the maturity he has gained. You can tell when you talk to him that he is taking the opportunity at Tech seriously. I hope it all falls into place for him because he is putting in the work necessary to make it happen.

It's always amazing what 3 months in a college weight room (and on the college meal plan) can do for kids. A good friend of mine played basketball at UGA, and I went up to stay with him (at McWhorter) right before school started - he had been there from June and it was early September. He was down to something like 6.5% body fat and he looked like a totally different person. He was so strong I couldn't believe it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He didn't say he has 5 guys that will see playing time, he just said he has 5 guys that can play the BBACK spot well. Only way that happens is if we blow a lot of teams out imo.
The only way that many guys play there would be because none of them play it well enough to win the job. Even getting beyond two -- see 2014 -- is problematic, and then only after a lot of experience. There are just too many moving parts in that position.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It's nice to see that other fonts are now thinking about MM at AB, like I suggested awhile ago.

Oth, I have changed my mind after seeing him this spring. I think he stays at BB and is part of the two-headed monster for the coming year. But:

"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy."
- Helmut von Moltke

"I have never had a plan of operations."
- Napoleon

Coach agrees with both of these guys, obviously. We'll see what happens soon enough.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's nice to see that other fonts are now thinking about MM at AB, like I suggested awhile ago.

Oth, I have changed my mind after seeing him this spring. I think he stays at BB and is part of the two-headed monster for the coming year. But:

- Helmut von Moltke

- Napoleon

Coach agrees with both of these guys, obviously. We'll see what happens soon enough.

AB is usually the catch all for guys who are good players but for some reason can't find their way onto the field at the original position they were recruited for. We've had ex WRs (Searcy), ex QBs (Days, almost Jordan), ex/future BBs (Perkins, Ant, QFro), and even an ex DB (Griffin) move to AB.

MM would actually be a devastating rusher at AB because he's so shifty in tight spaces, and he's strong enough to break DB arm tackles, and fast enough to run away from them. Because we are so deep at AB, his value is actually better at BB. Kinda the situation that Gotsis found himself in during his career. Adam should have played SDE for us, would have probably been close to an All American there (if you've seen his early returns in the NFL at SDE, you know why), but necessity had him at DT.

I honestly would cross train MM to play AB and BB for short yardage packages. Who cares if you're tipping the defense, they still have to stop them. A "power" backfield of Griffin/QFRo at AB, Mills at BB, and MM at AB would be awesome to watch, especially on the right with Shamire and Klock.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
AB is usually the catch all for guys who are good players but for some reason can't find their way onto the field at the original position they were recruited for. We've had ex WRs (Searcy), ex QBs (Days, almost Jordan), ex/future BBs (Perkins, Ant, QFro), and even an ex DB (Griffin) move to AB.

MM would actually be a devastating rusher at AB because he's so shifty in tight spaces, and he's strong enough to break DB arm tackles, and fast enough to run away from them. Because we are so deep at AB, his value is actually better at BB. Kinda the situation that Gotsis found himself in during his career. Adam should have played SDE for us, would have probably been close to an All American there (if you've seen his early returns in the NFL at SDE, you know why), but necessity had him at DT.

I honestly would cross train MM to play AB and BB for short yardage packages. Who cares if you're tipping the defense, they still have to stop them. A "power" backfield of Griffin/QFRo at AB, Mills at BB, and MM at AB would be awesome to watch, especially on the right with Shamire and Klock.
Lucas Cox was a load to stop on the goal line pitch.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

- Helmut von Moltke

- Napoleon

There is that little matter of Waterloo, however.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

- Helmut von Moltke

- Napoleon

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Deleted member 2897

I don't think we are too deep at BB or AB. We have great speed and depth at both, unlike last year. But that should be the norm and not the exception. Injuries happen - even if its not an ACL, if you're not 100%, you'd rather have someone else on the field who is healthy all things being equal. So having 3-4 ready to go BBs and 5-6 ABs is not overkill in my opinion.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we are too deep at BB or AB. We have great speed and depth at both, unlike last year. But that should be the norm and not the exception. Injuries happen - even if its not an ACL, if you're not 100%, you'd rather have someone else on the field who is healthy all things being equal. So having 3-4 ready to go BBs and 5-6 ABs is not overkill in my opinion.
Skov had two bad shoulders most of last year. I know that did him no favors.