Miles Kelly Testing the Waters

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

Dude looks about as happy to be back in that image as Keion White looked to be drafted to the Patriots. šŸ¤£

That being said, I know it had to be somewhat bittersweet, but I'm of course stoked he's coming back. And I hope in the long term that he looks back on this year as exactly what he needed, because the work he did with this team and with CDS changed his game and the trajectory of his career for the better by a lot.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Eff it. A friend who's a Rutgers fan today accused GT of tampering with all of their players.

In case he comes in to read this, I'll reveal here that I'm all in on being pro-tampering and pro-bag dropping. Schools will attack us, I've got no problem with us doing the same.

I been living in this neighborhood a few years now. The houses are nice but the hoa sux.

And tell your rutgers pal I said to stfu.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Eff it. A friend who's a Rutgers fan today accused GT of tampering with all of their players.

In case he comes in to read this, I'll reveal here that I'm all in on being pro-tampering and pro-bag dropping. Schools will attack us, I've got no problem with us doing the same.
Tell him to feel free to log a complaint against his B1G counterpart regarding BBC and call me in the morning.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Miles has his mind right for this upcoming season:
For whatever reason, this AJC story isn't behind a paywall or at least it wasn't when I clicked on it.
Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a Jose-tier relationship yet but get ready to like Miles Kelly even more after you read this piece.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
From article (since itā€™s free use currently and not pay walled):

ā€œThroughout the NBA draft process, Kelly also vetted Stoudamire and heard enough positive reports to conclude playing for the veteran coach would do more good than not in ā€˜23-24.

ā€œI feel like with what coach Damon Stoudamire has planned for me and what heā€™s building here, I feel like I need to be a part of that,ā€ Kelly added. ā€œI feel like who he is as a person, and this staff we have, that can really help my game and take it to the next level of how I want it to be.ā€ ā€

Iā€™ll take a double of that sir.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
From article (since itā€™s free use currently and not pay walled):

ā€œThroughout the NBA draft process, Kelly also vetted Stoudamire and heard enough positive reports to conclude playing for the veteran coach would do more good than not in ā€˜23-24.

ā€œI feel like with what coach Damon Stoudamire has planned for me and what heā€™s building here, I feel like I need to be a part of that,ā€ Kelly added. ā€œI feel like who he is as a person, and this staff we have, that can really help my game and take it to the next level of how I want it to be.ā€ ā€

Iā€™ll take a double of that sir.
I donā€™t believe we have had a coach this last decade that the pro ranks would encourage a kid to stay, play and learn from to improve their stock because of what they brought to the development side.

I know some of this is relationship (not all pure evaluative strength) but still itā€™s nice to get some support from the pro ranks.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Itā€™s the best of both worlds for Kelly. Heā€™s essentially still getting coached by an NBA coach whoā€™s focused on player development, yet he doesnā€™t have to leave early and get locked into a lesser G League/overseas contract.