Michael Summers Has Left the Team

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree that burning redshirts of Philpott and/or Howell would be dumb at this point. Plug and play with what you've got. Get people in that know how/want to block. Best of luck to Summers - did the right thing if he truly didn't want to play anymore.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is a bit of a bummer man. I don't know what Summers is thinking or what he's going through, but at the risk of sounding like a jerk, I think it's pretty crappy to quit on your team with three games left in the season...especially when you need to win all three to get bowl eligible. This especially hurts when you consider that he was the best blocking receiver we've got.

I wish him the best and thank him for his efforts, but unless this is due to injury concerns, he should have stuck it out for the next few weeks. I'm not going to go so far as to say it's character defining, but I know I'd be pretty damn upset if any of my teammates had ever quit mid-season.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is a bit of a bummer man. I don't know what Summers is thinking or what he's going through, but at the risk of sounding like a jerk, I think it's pretty crappy to quit on your team with three games left in the season...especially when you need to win all three to get bowl eligible. This especially hurts when you consider that he was the best blocking receiver we've got.

I wish him the best and thank him for his efforts, but unless this is due to injury concerns, he should have stuck it out for the next few weeks. I'm not going to go so far as to say it's character defining, but I know I'd be pretty damn upset if any of my teammates had ever quit mid-season.

...and like I said, I don't know what he's going through, so maybe I'm way off. That's just how I feel given what has been made public about the situation

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't MLD cross training as a receiver? Can't put Jordan back over there, but maybe Marcus Allen again? It's all about blocking at this point, couldn't care less about their hands

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, that's of a piece with everything else this year.

I'd go ahead and burn a red-shirt or two myself, if I were Coach. But he has to take a longer view, I suppose. Personally, I'd burn Quaid's, if he is indeed ready to go. We need a BB and any little bit would help.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Well, that's of a piece with everything else this year.

I'd go ahead and burn a red-shirt or two myself, if I were Coach. But he has to take a longer view, I suppose. Personally, I'd burn Quaid's, if he is indeed ready to go. We need a BB and any little bit would help.

I'm just not sure there's a whole lot to be gained from burning a redshirt at this point. We need to just take our medicine. We have enough receivers to play out the next few weeks.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Wasn't this the "feel good" recruiting story when he signed? His dad had a chance to play for Johnson and went to SC (I think) instead, and always regretted it but was excited his son got the chance? Too bad. But get everything shaken out in '15 to clear the decks for '16.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mr waller
Thanks for busting it to make it to be your best for GT.
Hope your decision works out for you.

Also thanks for not being a half in the boat type of guy so take radical ownership of YOUR decesion.
I respect that young man.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
I find this very strange also. I'm pretty sure his dad did play for CPJ at one point. I remember MS saying how excited he was to play for him and something about his family knowing him well.

Also, while rushing the field after the FSU win I was talking to some of the players and MS was one of them. He didn't even seem in the slightest bit enthusiastic about the win, which I thought was weird. Didn't think much of it at the time.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wow... Didn't see that coming.

Surprised he's not playing the season out. Could be many things going on in his life, at least he was honest and upfront with the coaches, assuming that it is because his heart was not in it anymore.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I find this very strange also. I'm pretty sure his dad did play for CPJ at one point. I remember MS saying how excited he was to play for him and something about his family knowing him well.

Also, while rushing the field after the FSU win I was talking to some of the players and MS was one of them. He didn't even seem in the slightest bit enthusiastic about the win, which I thought was weird. Didn't think much of it at the time.

his dad went to SC State, I think, but has worked at Georgia Southern for a long time and knows PJ pretty well, I believe. Dad's a good dude.