Michael Summers Has Left the Team

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't usually see starters quit the team 75% of the way through the season. Got to wonder the reasoning behind it. Was doing a pretty good job and showing better consistency. Wonder if he'll come back next season, try to transfer, or is just done with football.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Don't usually see starters quit the team 75% of the way through the season. Got to wonder the reasoning behind it. Was doing a pretty good job and showing better consistency. Wonder if he'll come back next season, try to transfer, or is just done with football.
I was told "he just didn't want to play anymore."

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's not due to something serious on his end. Good luck to him.

I guess if there's a silver lining it's that happened at a position that we've accumulated some depth.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Do we have enough bodies to not pull red shirts if anyone goes down? We've made it this far with Howell and Philpott on the sidelines.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Summers was our best All-Around WR...in terms of blocking, knowing assignments, and consistency overall. Jeune is becoming a great receiving threat, but he doesn't yet have Summer's all-around game. Losing Summers will hurt our running game more than our passing game.

Messick will need to step up. Now it's a rotation of Jeune, Stewart, Messick, and possibly Brandon Oliver (walk-on) and Jalen Johnson who just moved to WR this fall from DB. No way CPJ pulls the redshirt for Howell or Philpott this late in the season, especially with no bowl game looming over the season. We've really been just rotating 3 WRs all year (Summers, Jeune, Stewart) and Messick has been limited due to performance.

I hope Summers graduates. He's gone too far academically it would be a waste if he didn't.