Miami

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
others than the first 3 innings today, neither was seriously in doubt.

Well, you are much more confidant than I. I recall we just blew a 5 run lead in the late innings against another ACC team just a week ago....that is why I though Hall left CT in the game, and why I was thrilled with Radcliffe's bomb to put it out of reach. Our bullpen can be quite shaky.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Baseball is a funny little game. Just an observation about fandom....

Imagine if our ace reliever (or any reliever) gave up an 0-2 HR to a true freshman who Ks in literally 50% of his at bats....late in a game to put it out of reach?

Would we give ANY credit to the freshman hitter or 100% blame on pitcher? See Radcliff. He gets credit.

Let's keep it going. Score lots early & coast to sweep!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Thru 3. It's 1-1. This is that time in game where game has sort of (maybe) shown it's trajectory. I like to speculate on how many runs wins. ?? I'm pretty sure I'm no good at this...

...but I'll offer the starters...both of them... are going to do just fine. Most runs in this one will come late. I'm calling it 4. 4 runs wins. Bullpens the difference.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Thru 3. It's 1-1. This is that time in game where game has sort of (maybe) shown it's trajectory. I like to speculate on how many runs wins. ?? I'm pretty sure I'm no good at this...

...but I'll offer the starters...both of them... are going to do just fine. Most runs in this one will come late. I'm calling it 4. 4 runs wins. Bullpens the difference.
It's possible Miami won't need their bullpen. Need to get the pitch count up on this dude.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
BOOM!! Just like that we are back to .500 in the conference. What seemed insurmountable to me on Thursday, they made look easy on Sunday afternoon. Next weekend will be a challenge but we have proved (at least to me) we can compete & beat good teams when we play well. Still have to prove we can win on the road & I need one more series to believe that our pitching has finally arrived.

Deleted member 2897

YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Way to go men! Held Miami to 6 total runs in the entire series!

giphy.gif

LibertyTurns

Banned

You da man!

Late runs, score 4!!!!!

Nice to have a weekend were we didn’t fold like a cheap tent & scored a bunch late in games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A near perfect team performance for the weekend. Used only 6 pitchers over 3 games. All 6 of those pitchers were lights out.

Besides the best overall pitching weekend I can recall ..Other positives:
-Serratos replacing Waddell early in Friday's game & coming up big with hits & solid defense.
-Radcliff showed progress...hit ball well.
-Bailey with a bunch of hits.
-Baserunning aggressively...some stolen bases... going 1st to 3rd on singles... put pressure in Miami D which paid off with those insurance runs in Sunday's game.