Miami Preparation Media Thread

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Just checked Miami weather report and shows thunder storms moving out by 2 PM. Lets hope it is correct. May still be wet since will be cloudy but someone on board said field has good drainage.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Ive already started my tailgate!
aviary-image-1507914131999.jpeg

incognito

Georgia Tech Fan
Rain isn't good for any Offense, but it affects Passing the most. Visibility is poor, Throwing Accuracy is hampered, Separation for WRs is harder.

Balls are more likely to sail on QBs, making interceptions more likely. I would even say fumbles are more likely to occur from sacks.

True, straight handoffs are safer than the dive mesh or pitching, but these shouldn't be overly dangerous for experienced players.

If the offense can run the ball up the middle like against UT, the best weather against Miami might be heavy rain and wind.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Rewatching Mia 2015.
First half
After Jet injured not good then
Fumble take away on Mathew j for t d.
19 yd punt followed by 57 yd f g to end half 24 7. Lots of wider open Rick j but no pass
Start second half - trick play lateral to w r who throws to a general area for interception.
Stopping for lunch
Lunch complete.
Mia makes quick 3rd and then rain lightning delay.
We fumble worse after that but recover most. Mia d set to make m j keep ball as he was not a threat out side the guard. M J hits some good passes to lynch. We mount 2 drives but never close as they score again. They have NFL receivers.

We had very young team playing their best and never giving up.

I think we come out w chip on shoulder and play physical the whole game. Lots o f belly and counter followed by lo ng pass . We got this one.

GTSwrm

Georgia Tech Fan
Our OL has little depth and we have been unable to protect the passer. I have a feeling our D will get exposed by Miami’s passing game. I notice that we have been unable to cover quick passes to the WRs and we usually do not cover the running back coming out of the backfield.

I like our QB but he is 180 lbs and will probably get pounded by Miami’s front seven (they go two deep). I mean every time Marshall drops to pass he gets sacked or faces pressure.

Marshall playing his first away game is a BIG concern for me. Also, the fact that Miami has sparked us in 7 out the last 8 meetings between our squads. Let’s not forget that Pastor Richt is 14-2 vs GT.

Let’s hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Our OL has little depth and we have been unable to protect the passer. I have a feeling our D will get exposed by Miami’s passing game. I notice that we have been unable to cover quick passes to the WRs and we usually do not cover the running back coming out of the backfield.

I like our QB but he is 180 lbs and will probably get pounded by Miami’s front seven (they go two deep). I mean every time Marshall drops to pass he gets sacked or faces pressure.

Marshall playing his first away game is a BIG concern for me. Also, the fact that Miami has sparked us in 7 out the last 8 meetings between our squads. Let’s not forget that Pastor Richt is 14-2 vs GT.

Bet you're a laugh-riot at parties... :)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Even though u are obviosly related to Milwaukee (joke!) , welcome aboard.

I will take it your first post is A negative post with a chance of the game not being terrible.
What's your prediction? I am wildly optimistic about tomorrow. This year we are strong up the middle

By way Marshall was hurt against Miami in 2015

MountPGT1990

Banned
Bet you're a laugh-riot at parties... :)

Yes, there’s no room around here for anyone sharing a logical opinion that deviates from GT winning every game. You will be horse whipped sir.

P.S. I agree with your take. We have zero depth at OL and TQM’s first road game + Miami trying to hurt him = Another GT loss @ UM

Milwaukee

Banned
Even though u are obviosly related to Milwaukee (joke!) , welcome aboard.

I will take it your first post is A negative post with a chance of the game not being terrible.
What's your prediction? I am wildly optimistic about tomorrow. This year we are strong up the middle

By way Marshall was hurt against Miami in 2015

Hey!??

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think he is a Miami fan in disguise.
Pretty much off on description of how bad our pass protection has been. Imo it's been fine so far. Also he seem s dated on how bad we are on short passes and backs out of the backfield. This year to date we have been AJGreat. Heck we are even getting sacks! Excuse me for celebrating.
We who have been thru Al "MTSU SCORES AGAIN" Groh know reality!

Sure Miami will be a real test for the defense especially if they throw long. I am counting on M R to call for short passes.