Miami Postgame

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Also there are more guys banged up than meets the eye. I think folks might be surprised and may be a little bit more proud at how many are fighting thru some type of ding at this point in the season.

Despite that I saw a team fighting until the end yesterday. Results be damned at least I know our guys won't lay down next weekend unless they're physically forced to.

After week 1 most football players are playing a little dinged up. Mental and physical toughness is required to be a winner.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
With the spate of turnovers int he last two games it is really hard to tell about the dedication of this group to keep fighting and keep trying to get better. I was mildly encouraged t see us score twice in the 4th quarter yesterday, but I also must remind myself Miami was only trying to make us milk clock, not really caring about us scoring as long as they forced us to take 5 or 6 minutes to do so. So not necessarily a true measure.

What bothers me most is that I don't think I see any significant improvement in this team from Notre Dame to Miami. I don't think we're getting beat...we just continually beating ourselves whether is be in assignments or turnovers.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What I found unacceptable was a head coach who simply says he doesn't have any idea on how to fix it. I just watched Southern go from the shotgun. There's at least an idea. Slants and screens are an idea. Actually blocking someone is an idea. Evening out your classes is an idea. I'm getting tired of blaming the players with no suggestion of what he could do differently.

Why is everything ALWAYS about the offense? Southern just put up 17 points on 270 yds, while we put up 21 on 370 yds with our backup QB. Yet, because their game was closer because UGA couldn't score, we need to run Southern's offense?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why is everything ALWAYS about the offense? Southern just put up 17 points on 270 yds, while we put up 21 on 370 yds with our backup QB. Yet, because their game was closer because UGA couldn't score, we need to run Southern's offense?

With a TD off a fumble/scoop/score, as well. I get tired of everything being about our offense, too. Can't we just be frustrated with our execution and performance, rather than making every game a referendum on our system? No one is calling for Texas to change their offense. Just get better.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With a TD off a fumble/scoop/score, as well. I get tired of everything being about our offense, too. Can't we just be frustrated with our execution and performance, rather than making every game a referendum on our system? No one is calling for Texas to change their offense. Just get better.

like, like, like ... There's waay too many things going wrong to try to pin it ALL on the age-old, "why can't we run this/that offense" whine.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
like, like, like ... There's waay too many things going wrong to try to pin it ALL on the age-old, "why can't we run this/that offense" whine.
Yep. It's not just one, or two, or three things that need fixing. Like I said earlier in the season, this is a perfect storm.

We'll get through this one and be better for it later on. Most of our kids will grow into men a lot faster thanks to this season. I just hope most of our fans can grow their way through adversity as well.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I officially hate Miami more than UGA. The UGA game will always be more important. But mutt players can't compete with the thuggish bull**** Miami players pull week after week. Their fans are far more low class also.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
While I would love more balance & dynamics out of GT's offense it's far from the only problem on the team.
GT sucks at all three phases.
I don't think anyone is letting Roof slide off the hook either.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know we need someone now but Brant Mitchell will be the man sooner than anyone thinks. You can tell, as a freshman, he's got "it".
He sure is. In fact, we have several young guys who project to become really good players. However, what needs to happen is that we need to become an effective TEAM, not just a group of 22 starters with 8 studs on the field.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
What I found unacceptable was a head coach who simply says he doesn't have any idea on how to fix it. I just watched Southern go from the shotgun. There's at least an idea. Slants and screens are an idea. Actually blocking someone is an idea. Evening out your classes is an idea. I'm getting tired of blaming the players with no suggestion of what he could do differently.
Do you know how difficult it would be to change offenses at mid season? Just accept our system or go find someone who runs a system you prefer. I accept that this is a very unusual year with all of our injuries. I want those who are playing to get the most experience in our offense going forward into next season. It will pay dividends in the future. Switching to a shotgun would be of no benefit at all. If you can't block, you can't run any offensive system. CPJ knows what he is doing and he will have it ready to roll by next season.