Miami Postgame

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Weren’t you along with the rest on here crucifying me for saying this before the game ??? Funny how another loss as I predicted changes everyone’s tune
The previous games in Miami don't mean squat once the ball is kicked off. The issue moving forward is that I expect Richt to keep improving that program. Beating them, regardless of venue, will only get more difficult.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Other than recruiting sort of, Ted brings nothing!!!!!! Stansbury needs to be in Paul's ear

If his recruiting is that good, we should have won. By 3 TDS. That is a crutch that people lean on. Today, our offense didn't get the job done. The defense fought like hell, and without the circus catch, played good enough to win. Move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than recruiting sort of, Ted brings nothing!!!!!! Stansbury needs to be in Paul's ear
I'm sure nobody needs to be in Paul's ear about it; he knows. Sadly, he is probably caught between a rock and a hard place. It will be very difficult to fire Roof, even if he deserves it, because it might create even more problems for the program overall. TStan needs to find a way to "promote" Roof to some kind of position under him, but off the field.

jacob

Banned
If his recruiting is that good, we should have won. By 3 TDS. That is a crutch that people lean on. Today, our offense didn't get the job done. The defense fought like hell, and without the circus catch, played good enough to win. Move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I said sort of. It's not like were getting a bunch of 4 stars. Idk man this on roof and CPJ as well

jacob

Banned
Damn guys I know we are all down but the sky isn't falling. Roof actually showed a pretty good D tonight. We may not be ranked or get coastal but we still have plenty of season left to earn a good bowl spot
The sky is falling. We have to beat Clemson to save this season

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure nobody needs to be in Paul's ear about it; he knows. Sadly, he is probably caught between a rock and a hard place. It will be very difficult to fire Roof, even if he deserves it, because it might create even more problems for the program overall. TStan needs to find a way to "promote" Roof to some kind of position under him, but off the field.

Asst HC and recruiting coordinator?

Jmonty71

Banned
Yea, Miami will win the Coastal... I think if we can beat WF next week (I am worried the kids may start to get down) We have a shot at a Bowl, but Clemson/VT & UGA will all be tough to close out... My guess we get a W against VT or UGA maybe Both... Along with WF, UVA and Duke Wins and finish 7 or 8 wins heading into the bowl game....
Right now. I don't think Wake is a sure thing.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree. The D never adjusted to the bubble screen. We played soft. Roof and his non aggressiveness, lost the game.

I couldn’t agree more. This is on Roof and the D.
Zero adjustments. Same thing with AU. They blew a 20 point lead bc they made no adjustments.
Sad that this seems to be the norm and not the exception

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
For whatever the reason, Johnson coached teams have a really hard time winning these kind of games. We're great at blowing out teams we are supposed to bear and surprising teams that aren't ready for our style of play, but we have serious problems winning close games.

You can't point to a couple years here and there, but it's definitely been a problem. We have a serious problem closing teams out and have developed a very uncomfortable pattern of blowing double digit leads. Take it for what it's worth...

I couldn’t agree more. This is on Roof and the D.
Zero adjustments. Same thing with AU. They blew a 20 point lead bc they made no adjustments.
Sad that this seems to be the norm and not the exception
Not defending Roof in the least, but those 7 straight bubble screens screwed up what was otherwise a decent defensive effort. The O should have put the game away earlier.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

How many DCs will it take before people realize that it isn't the DC?