Miami Postgame

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
the oh woe is me - everything is terrible posts are over the top -
but this was a game we really had a shot at winning before we shot ourselves in the foot, knee, stomach and shoulder on the way to the temple kill shot
This is a Gailey 7 win season. which is a problem given that this is the year we have a SR QB and should be a year we point to for a break out season.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Optimistic outlook: we lost two straight games around this time in 2014 to UNC and Duke. We then beat an okay Miami team and the rest was history. Hopefully we can get it going against a solid Pitt team and carry that momentum into the softer part of our schedule.

Losing to Clemson and Miami is much more tolerable than losing to two North Carolina schools.

You're wrong. We beat Miami then laid a egg against Duke. We were the better team and had several leads in that game but our d was terrible. Can't compare this to 2014. Sorry to pi$$ in your cornflakes but we aren't a very good football team.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Better to forget that 2014 season and keep the memory alive of the 2015 season. Better to talk about the teams we lost to than the teams we won against. Better to forget how many times we came in 1st or 2nd in the Coastal. Better to forget 2008, 2009, 2014 and remember 2010 and 2015.

The first half of Clemson and the two fumble sixes got me low, but that does not mean I forget the facts. I don't like some of the pass calls. I just have to see how we play next week.

People on this board have the tendency to justify our poor performance to 14 like we are going to repeat the same turn around. If we do great, but this is a different team with different challenges. We can all sit around a camp fire one day and look back at the great Tech teams and remember the good times, but the 14 team isn't walking through the door tomorrow and all of sudden make everything Ok. This years team needs more individual practice time badly. /

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'll take Clemson loss. They dominated is. This should have been in the bag with how well Mills and JJ were playing. Instead we found every way to lose we possibly could. I hope we turn it around. The O line looked pretty good on our Brad (autocorrect changed this but I'm just going to leave it) and butter plays but looked horrible on the others. At least we have a little bit to be positive about from the offense as long as we clean it up. Kaaya is too good a QB to come back on.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Losing doesn't really bother me as much as how we lose. I just hate to see us beat ourselves. I can take a butt whipping like we got against Clemson. I just hate to see turnovers like today. I am not faulting Justin or CPJ, but we just don't play smart for whatever reason.

I know we can, but we need to put a complete game together. We can beat the bext few teams or get beat. It is really up to us.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I really hate message boards...

With that being said, the talent differential between us and Miami is very, very small. We had a winning game plan and the players to execute it, but like many have stated on here Seawk has outstayed his welcome. If it was complicated things that Miami did then I would tip my cap but my God they were simply blitzing the A gaps. BLOCK DOWN!!!! Now our OLINE is so assignment focused that we passing by defenders just to get to our guy. It irks me that CPJ has really taken the ride or die approach...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Two things stood out to me that led to this loss. (1) Mike Sewak lack of ability to teach an O line how to be consistently good, not just this year but for the vast majority of time he's been here. Yes, I am aware he and PJ are tight but proof is on the field and in the film.
-
(2) After Tech gets a 3 and out to start the 2nd half followed by a nice drive to get the score 28-21 Ted decides to go soft and vanilla the next miami possession! 4 plays and 75 yards later it a 2 TD game again. On the prior series he had the CBs up and safeties over the top which led to the 3 and out. WHY did he not follow that the rest of the game??????

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
People are being ridiculous, but that is to be expected after a loss. When teams are clearly more talented, you should lose. (Clemson). When teams are more talented, but not playing to their talent level, you got a shot. (Miami) When you shoot yourself in the foot against these teams, you got no shot. But to say we "should have won." That's plain silly.

We played really well at times, but then again, we played really poorly at times too. Unfortunately, the two plays where our left side OL completely collapsed, we lost 14 points. Game.

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm not sure why I'm very surprised by us. The O Line and secondary were the 2 spots I was really worried about coming into the season. Seems justified now. Milton and DJ were godsends for us.

Milwaukee

Banned

With that being said, the talent differential between us and Miami is very, very small. We had a winning game plan and the players to execute it, but like many have stated on here Seawk has outstayed his welcome. If it was complicated things that Miami did then I would tip my cap but my God they were simply blitzing the A gaps. BLOCK DOWN!!!! Now our OLINE is so assignment focused that we passing by defenders just to get to our guy. It irks me that CPJ has really taken the ride or die approach...

Disagree about the talent, but agree with everything else.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Don't assignments change when that happens?