Miami Postgame

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
This one hurts more than Clemson to me. Very frustrating loss because we did it to ourselves.

I wish we would have given Justin the next series off after the fumble. He looked hurt to me.

I am happy the team kept playing hard, but you can't spot a decent team 14 points and expect to win.

Been a PJ supporter his entire regime but I'm done. I don't like what I've seen from both sides of the ball.

I'm ready to see someone else call plays and I'm not talking about the QB.
The defense has gotten better each game? That part of game is improving. Only gave up 21 pts today. Which much less than anyone expected before the game started.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This one hurts more than Clemson to me. Very frustrating loss because we did it to ourselves.

I wish we would have given Justin the next series off after the fumble. He looked hurt to me.

I am happy the team kept playing hard, but you can't spot a decent team 14 points and expect to win.

Sounds like almost every loss to richt. He is a good coach that knows how to win. Its unreal

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Blocking looked leagues better. We we're running up the middle and outside for decent gains. If we didn't spot them 14 off a blindside hit and a bad decision I honestly think we pull this one out. We had to play from behind in the 2nd half which ment we couldn't continue grinding it out the middle which was working so well. All in all looked a lot better than I expected. Hopefully we can pull out good wins in the next two and go into the bye week with some momentum.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Sewak should be out of work yesterday. Giving up 21 points to clemson and miami is good on defense....

Not understanding basic blocking concepts though.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like almost every loss to richt. He is a good coach that knows how to win. Its unreal

I think Richt is a good coach. Georgia was stupid for firing him. In many cases UGA was the more talented team against us, this game was evenly matched from a talent perspective IMO.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Optimistic outlook: we lost two straight games around this time in 2014 to UNC and Duke. We then beat an okay Miami team and the rest was history. Hopefully we can get it going against a solid Pitt team and carry that momentum into the softer part of our schedule.

Losing to Clemson and Miami is much more tolerable than losing to two North Carolina schools.

it hurts because it is a division game that is like two losses. But we are hoping for 6-6 now. No, not hoping, praying.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Miami is not a good team, which makes this one hurt more. We were gashing them most of the game. The fumble TDs put us in too big of a hole. One is bad, two looked like we were headed for blowout city. Thankfully the boys played through.
I'll echo the earlier guys: the O looked potent, but incosistent. Much better than being dominated last week.
Defense played well in spurts. We cant play zone to save our lives. When we scored to pull within 7, they had a quick drive for the only points of the second half. I know the offense gave up 14 of the points, but we need that stop to get back in it. C+ game from them.

Sour grapes time: the number of uncalled holds on their OL was staggering. The uncalled PI was bad.
Edit: the chop block was actually defensive holding. The T was going to the second level and not engaging.

Next week is huge for bowl eligibility, and our first true road game. Pitt was great for the 2014 team to pull it all together, we need it again.

Our D is average at best. The problem is that we've set the bar so dam low for our D, that any improvement gets people falsely excited.
W/out the offensive screw ups, the defense put us in positon for the last drive to be a game winning drive. If you can't see improvement from the defense since the first game, you don't want to. This is supposed to be a high powered offense we faced today and we looked like we belonged on the field with them. All everyone said if the d was just OK we'd win, well what is the excuse now?

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
We are really missing a dominant receiver. Smelter on this team would've made a HUGE difference. Justin is throwing it really well. Ricky juene's drop was a big deal.

We are definitely better than last year but CPJ needs this team to be a LOT better after a 3-9 season. Hoping he gets it done.

For the love of God, can people PLEASE stop referring to the 2014 season?

5 years from now, Tech fans will be referencing that season like it justifies everything.
Please listen to this poster. I'd love to go back to 1990 again also, but Joe isn't here or Fridge is not coming to bail our offense out. Live in the NOW!!