Miami Postgame

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Like I said, I'm not a stars guy, but when the star disparity is around 5 to 1, you have to wonder about talent comparison. I can't remember the last time I saw a yard of space between one of our receivers and a db when the ball arrives. We had two td's that would have been good catches, not phenomenal, and we blew both. What exactly happened on the blindside hit that turned into scoop and score? When's the last time we had a scoop and score?

Let me reword it: We looked more than capable of handling what Miami had to offer
Going safe at WR maybe hurting us. I thought we would see more Camp by now.
Fromayan, Just said "Excuse me am I in your way"

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
We are really missing a dominant receiver. Smelter on this team would've made a HUGE difference. Justin is throwing it really well. Ricky juene's drop was a big deal.

We are definitely better than last year but CPJ needs this team to be a LOT better after a 3-9 season. Hoping he gets it done.
Juene and stewart had single, press coverage all day., and we never went deep once. Either we cant protect, or the wide-outs cant beat 1 on 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Two things stood out to me that led to this loss. (1) Mike Sewak lack of ability to teach an O line how to be consistently good, not just this year but for the vast majority of time he's been here. Yes, I am aware he and PJ are tight but proof is on the field and in the film.
-
(2) After Tech gets a 3 and out to start the 2nd half followed by a nice drive to get the score 28-21 Ted decides to go soft and vanilla the next miami possession! 4 plays and 75 yards later it a 2 TD game again. On the prior series he had the CBs up and safeties over the top which led to the 3 and out. WHY did he not follow that the rest of the game??????

Actually we were in man coverage that whole drive except for one play. Our DBs did a horrible letting the WRs get inside across their face

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Actually we were in man coverage that whole drive except for one play. Our DBs did a horrible letting the WRs get inside across their face

Yes we were in man but to my eye very soft. The possession before the corners were well up on their man and yes, if you're in man you can't allow the receiver to cross your face :)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We definitely need Step back that's for sure. 2 games in a row I've seen Dorian and Lamont incapable of defending a WR that doesn't run straight.

Lamont made A LOT of "business decisions today especially on the 1st TD run

All of our DBs are horrible on driving on the ball while playing soft coverage

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I just looked at the box score. We had 361 yards of total offense, we held the ball for 19 minutes longer then they did, and we stopped them six times. And we did it with two starters out at OL. We lost because of two turnovers being converted for scores. That's all. I said to my son before the game that I thought it would be close and decided by a field goal either way. Sure enough; it we hadn't given up 14 points on turnovers, that is exactly how the game would have worked out. In short, we played the #14 team in the country head to head and lost because we had some bad luck. It happens.

What I do think we saw today is the start of how we'll look for the rest of the year. First, it is now obvious that we need to put the game on Mills shoulders and run him until he drops. I expect that's what Coach was waiting for and what we'll do for the rest of the season. Second, we are playing good D against the run and usually against the pass. We will become more invested in that in future.

Finally, last year I said we should move Lynch to WR. I know he's our most productive AB, but we are losing games because we don't have WRs that can hold on to the ball. Lynch can a) block, b) catch in traffic (indeed, he's the best we have at that), and c) get open consistently. Imho, he needs to be on the field every down as a WR and we need to throw to him consistently. We won't suffer from not having him at AB (we have plenty of candidates) anywhere near as much as we are suffering from not having a WR with good hands. This is our biggest need now. It's either Lynch moved or finding a backup who can do the job.
We do have receivers with good hands, Jeune just isn't one of them.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
JeT only looks at Jeune. That's a fact. And Jeune had 2 major hiccups, the obvious drop, and he stopped running on a route that would've resulted in a big gain.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It's been a few hours, so I'll weigh in. I hate these kinds of losses. Ones where we look like the better team (e.g. more total yards, cleaner drives, more defensive 3 and outs, etc.) but have self-inflicted wounds that hurt us. I can't remember the last scoop and score against us. Much less 2 in back to back drives. I don't know if that's bad luck or what. That one drive where we just ripped off 10 yard gain after 10 yard gain with Mills was beautiful. That kid is going to be a great player for us. Might even have a 1000 yard season despite the one game suspension. But I wish we had some receivers who could get some separation. That would make us really deadly. They just seem like they can't get open right now. As far as talk about Mike Sewak goes, I think it just comes down to CPJ not thinking anyone else can coach the OL better than him. As bad as that sounds. He has been doing it for over 20 years. Best case scenario is we hire away the best of the OL coaches at one of the other flexbone schools and put Sewak on Special Teams coordinator duty so he stays on payroll.

All that being said, credit to Miami. Very few penalties, no turnovers, and two huge defensive plays all but sealed this game for them.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's never as good or bad as it seems. Way Too early to hate on Shamire. He was playing on a bad wheel today. Parker had a good game. JT has got to secure the ball better. I've been saying the same for 4 years and it hasn't improved much. I'd play MJ if it doesn't get fixed immediately. I think CPJ has been too forgiving on this, in large part due to lack of talent behind JT.

The D, for the 2nd week, played good enough to win with enough help from the O. The O literally dropped the ball too much for it to happen though. Dropped fumbles, dropped catches, too many drops. Is the D Bama level? Of course not. But they are improving and gave Miami a tough game today. We have to start creating some damn turnovers to compliment our stops though.

Rodwell had a fine day. ST were pretty good overall.

Still have everything but s natty to play for. We improved from last week. Need that to continue and need some outside help cs UM in the coastal.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Thats like the UGA argument. Is talent *s or whats you see on the field? What I saw on the field was explosive skill players on offense with mauling Olinemen when they do the assignments and defenders who can make plays. We need playmakers at WR and LB. These are our 2 weakest spots on the team

Say goodbye to Shamire as the starter and give Parker Braun a round of applause. He came in and did great job.
Today was a message board fan special, We were aggressive on D and we did slants and crossers,

@dressedcheeseside the play I'm referring to is the pass play in the unbalanced formation, but this time we took our extra blocker(BBack) out on a route. In that case we should play inside out and let the unblocked rusher come from the outside
couldn't keep my eyes of of the rg .young man (75)does play with intensity , does overly well getting off the ground fast and hitting who is in front of him.Parker is definitely built better for this system than Shamire.71 got heart of gold& white (just make it out alive) with that said ,it sure was alot of the U's D in the back field. round of applause (clap clap) GT football @ it's finest.plenty of running yard stats ,time of possession high , pass game low and JT taking alot of hits .sorry for the lost .we will get the enemy next week.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
couldn't keep my eyes of of the rg .young man (75)does play with intensity , does overly well getting off the ground fast and hitting who is in front of him.Parker is definitely built better for this system than Shamire.71 got heart of gold& white (just make it out alive) with that said ,it sure was alot of the U's D in the back field. round of applause (clap clap) GT football @ it's finest.plenty of running yard stats ,time of possession high , pass game low and JT taking alot of hits .sorry for the lost .we will get the enemy next week.

Can't wait to get SD back out there opening holes. We love him here on this board. I predict a resurgence of the BB run game going forward, with SD and PB keeping each other fresh!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It's never as good or bad as it seems. Way Too early to hate on Shamire. He was playing on a bad wheel today. Parker had a good game. JT has got to secure the ball better. I've been saying the same for 4 years and it hasn't improved much. I'd play MJ if it doesn't get fixed immediately. I think CPJ has been too forgiving on this, in large part due to lack of talent behind JT.

The D, for the 2nd week, played good enough to win with enough help from the O. The O literally dropped the ball too much for it to happen though. Dropped fumbles, dropped catches, too many drops. Is the D Bama level? Of course not. But they are improving and gave Miami a tough game today. We have to start creating some damn turnovers to compliment our stops though.

Still have everything but s natty to play for. We improved from last week. Need that to continue and need some outside help cs UM in the coastal.

We need to expect more from our D. They allowed a TD on 2 of 3 drives in 1st half. Almost 5 ppd allowed is terrible, not just bad, terrible.

Our O.was bad, but you can't say our D did good enough when it requires an excellent O to keep pace. They only played against 46 snaps and gave up 21 pts, actually to the 1st 31 of those snaps. That's terrible.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not making excuses for our O, but we need better D. Miami ain't lolvl.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Do you think we got better on O today, outside the two big gaffs? If we are getting better each and every week, I can get behind that.