Miami, Ohio Baseball

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Highlight reel leaping catch by DeSpigna to rob the hitter of extra bases. Saved a run, since next batter jacked one out. Man, is that guy tall! 9-2 in middle of 7th.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice 3-6-3 DP started by Sabathia to end it. 16-8 final to finish the sweep. Siegel and Vaughan pitching BP for Miami hitters in the 9th. Great outing by Finley and hitting led by DeLeo (3-4, 2 HR’s, 5 RBI) and Giesler (3-4, 3 RBI).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Nice 3-6-3 DP started by Sabathia to end it. 16-8 final to finish the sweep. Siegel and Vaughan pitching BP for Miami hitters in the 9th. Great outing by Finley and hitting led by DeLeo (3-4, 2 HR’s, 5 RBI) and Giesler (3-4, 3 RBI).
Finley looked fantastic and then Siegel pitched decent until it was apparent that he became tired. He just ran out of gas.

I am really excited about McGuire and Finley after the first weekend. They both have great stuff and pounded the strike zone. They're both going to give up some homers and extra base hits, but I'm really excited about what those guys can do.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Really wonder why they left Siegel in so long? He strikes me as a perfect “one time through the lineup” pitcher, and either he got tired or they could read his slow stuff better second time around. Sloppy 9th.

Would have liked to see other pitchers get an inning of work.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Finley looked fantastic and then Siegel pitched decent until it was apparent that he became tired. He just ran out of gas.

I am really excited about McGuire and Finley after the first weekend. They both have great stuff and pounded the strike zone. They're both going to give up some homers and extra base hits, but I'm really excited about what those guys can do.
I’d much rather see our pitchers challenge hitters and occasionally give up HR’s (especially if only solo shots). Got so tired last season of seeing our guys get ahead in counts and nibble, or get behind and have to groove pitches. Maybe CDB has finally figured it out and got his guys believing.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Really wonder why they left Siegel in so long? He strikes me as a perfect “one time through the lineup” pitcher, and either he got tired or they could read his slow stuff better second time around. Sloppy 9th.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Plenty of guys in the pen who could have benefited from an inning of stress-free work.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

As I said in chat about 3 batters before he was pulled, he was tired and all our coaching staff was doing was ****ing over his ERA. He's a Jr with one year of eligibility left after this year. His ERA matters a lot for the draft. Slow Hook Hall / DBo strike again. Don't know which but we should protect our guys better when we have that type lead.

On a positive note, great series sweep and we played good baseball the last two days overall. Compton getting hurt is a big deal. Campbell may be back anytime if I heard right from the announcers.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As I said in chat about 3 batters before he was pulled, he was tired and all our coaching staff was doing was ****ing over his ERA. He's a Jr with one year of eligibility left after this year. His ERA matters a lot for the draft. Slow Hook Hall / DBo strike again. Don't know which but we should protect our guys better when we have that type lead.

On a positive note, great series sweep and we played good baseball the last two days overall. Compton getting hurt is a big deal. Campbell may be back anytime if I heard right from the announcers.
Compton got hurt? Oh, no...is it bad?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Double late in game... pulled up lame between 1st & 2nd. Immediately left game. My "sideline doctor" assessment... not good. Legit hammy pull/injury. Sucks.
Ohhhhh, nooooo. Those take a while to properly heal, do they not? Like 6 weeks or something? (and that assumes it's not a complete tear....which would put him out for the year,,,)