Miami, Ohio Baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As I said in chat about 3 batters before he was pulled, he was tired and all our coaching staff was doing was ****ing over his ERA. He's a Jr with one year of eligibility left after this year. His ERA matters a lot for the draft. Slow Hook Hall / DBo strike again. Don't know which but we should protect our guys better when we have that type lead.

On a positive note, great series sweep and we played good baseball the last two days overall. Compton getting hurt is a big deal. Campbell may be back anytime if I heard right from the announcers.
I agree. It kinda angered me to see them leave him out there, for reasons that I could not fathom.....

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Compton got hurt? Oh, no...is it bad?
In the post game interview CDH said it looks like a hamstring and he will be out for a while. He said Campbell is day to day so hopefully we will see him back in there by next weekend. Hill doesn't look as bad as they feared yesterday so I imagine he will be out a couple weeks.These injuries will give some of these highly rated Freshmen a chance to show what they have. I was impressed with Sabathia today. Showed discipline at the plate and great defense at first. Wonder if Geisler can play third then we can put Sabathia at first. Guess we will see Tuesday how that plan to sub for Compton.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree. It kinda angered me to see them leave him out there, for reasons that I could not fathom.....
Not defending the decision but at least now understand CDH's logic with the slow hook. He clarified in the post game interview they were trying to "stretch him out" with more pitches in a game situation. Seems a bit bizarre to me given the potential negatives with this approach (injuries more likely to occur with fatigue, psychology of bad stats, etc...) - but at least we now know the logic...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not defending the decision but at least now understand CDH's logic with the slow hook. He clarified in the post game interview they were trying to "stretch him out" with more pitches in a game situation. Seems a bit bizarre to me given the potential negatives with this approach (injuries more likely to occur with fatigue, psychology of bad stats, etc...) - but at least we now know the logic...

As I tell people about other things, I always have a reason for what I do. It may not be a good reason, but I have a reason. And boy have I done some stupid things with a reason.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Great to see Jake DeLeo start off hot! I have always felt like Jake is a “multi-tool” guy with a whole lot of potential. In the past he has been hampered by injuries or “stuck” behind others. Hope he continues to shine.

Also a great story on the WREK broadcast concerning Jackson Vaughn. Only player in DIV-1 college athletics to compete with a liver transplant (actually two). His results for the weekend weren’t what he wanted, for sure, but man am I pulling for him.

Remains to be seen how this season will play out, but this team has some guys and stories that are really likable and really easy to pull for from my perspective. A lot of guys through hard work and perseverance have reached a high level of their craft!

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Good news everyone: just read the takes on JOL about this weekend and this board is clearly the most positive, observant and sound minded group of jacket supporters out there 😂😂 the JOL bunch is absolutely brutal. I can’t imagine what the Football and Basketball threads are like. Pretty sure I would need to take meds after reading those threads...depressing!

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take a sweep to start the season, regardless of how it looks. Pitching changes a good bit at the stage of the season as arms are transitioned into season mode. Offense looked good, but we’ll see once we start facing better staffs.

Good weekend. Looking forward to Tuesday.

slugboy

Staff member
Good news everyone: just read the takes on JOL about this weekend and this board is clearly the most positive, observant and sound minded group of jacket supporters out there 😂😂 the JOL bunch is absolutely brutal. I can’t imagine what the Football and Basketball threads are like. Pretty sure I would need to take meds after reading those threads...depressing!
Big Pharma Health GIF by xponentialdesign

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

What is JOL?

Another standout was DiSpigna with hustle to beat out unintended bunt, steal second and then score our first run (the hardest) on a blooper single.