Miami fans are bad

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well if he said 'we want to get him out of the game', that might be like saying 'we want him to play so miserably that Cutcliffe replaces him with the backup QB'. But the quote is "it's incumbent on the Hurricanes to knock the sophomore QB out of commission." So yea, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but its not that they want to make him play bad...they physically want to knock him out of commission - that means injure.

I hear you and I can see how one could read more into the comments and be offended by them.

Plus I'd be a little hypocritical considering the whole #BOWK campaign someone had on the site before the TN game. Who was that guy? :whistle:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The Dook corner did the gator roll on JT ankle and took him out the rest of the game. It happened on the sidelines as he was tackled. You could see him take his foot and roll while twisting it. It must have been 2014. Pretty sure JT played the entire Dook game last year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
There fans were using a site that still had the game listed as Thursday (tomorrow) ant 8PM...
What a proud and up to date site that is, back on 10/8 you'd think they have at least marked the game for Saturday and time TBD...

Deleted member 2897

From 3rd quarter time frame against Toledo at home. It was still a close ball game here (Miami was actually losing for part of it). Crickets.

RjjwgM5.jpg

0WeTiEl.jpg

Lots of empty seats, even in the lower sections.

Milwaukee

Banned
If I were in the administration at the ACC and I read or heard unsportsmanlike comments like this, I would approach that team's coach and threaten suspensions if they didn't publicly apologize and tone it down.

Lmao "unsportsmanlike comments"

Every defender on the field wants to knock out the opposing team's quarterback by lighting his *** up. That's good football as long as it's a crushing blow and not a dirty cheapshot.

Not sure why some are offended by this.

Deleted member 2897

Lmao "unsportsmanlike comments"

Every defender on the field wants to knock out the opposing team's quarterback by lighting his *** up. That's good football as long as it's a crushing blow and not a dirty cheapshot.

Not sure why some are offended by this.

Because there's a difference between "lighting his *** up" and intending to injure him. I would argue every defender wants to land big hits on the opposing players. I would also argue that very few of them want to try and injure a player.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Because there's a difference between "lighting his *** up" and intending to injure him. I would argue every defender wants to land big hits on the opposing players. I would also argue that very few of them want to try and injure a player.
I would hazard a guess that every defender would love to pummel the opposing QB so bad he needed to be carted off the field not to return. I would also guess very few would hope the QB was permanently injured. Never want to see anyone’s career ended and I’m sure if it wasn’t the U (or teams of their ilk) this would not be an issue. The problem I’ve got with the mutts and thee U is they play dirty and would just as soon recklessly injure someone without any remorse.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tennessee fans erupted and got loud when TM got hurt and had to leave for the series. I was glad we didn't have to face Deshaun Watson for the whole game his freshman year. Everyone is a little like this as they want to see their team win, but that guy is an a**.

Deleted member 2897

I would hazard a guess that every defender would love to pummel the opposing QB so bad he needed to be carted off the field not to return. I would also guess very few would hope the QB was permanently injured. Never want to see anyone’s career ended and I’m sure if it wasn’t the U (or teams of their ilk) this would not be an issue. The problem I’ve got with the mutts and thee U is they play dirty and would just as soon recklessly injure someone without any remorse.

Not sure how you get carted off the field if you're not injured.

Milwaukee

Banned

I'm pretty sure that when a linebacker is going in for the shot that he is in fact hoping to hit the quarterback so hard (clean solid hit) that he's injured and knocked out of the game. That's good clean football. That's actually awesome football.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Miami players and fans are some of the lowest class fans in the nation. Thug U is very accurate in my observation through the years. I didn't want Erma to make landfall at all, but if it had to land someplace I wish it had stayed to the original course instead of hitting Tampa.

Deleted member 2897

I'm pretty sure that when a linebacker is going in for the shot that he is in fact hoping to hit the quarterback so hard (clean solid hit) that he's injured and knocked out of the game. That's good clean football. That's actually awesome football.

Not in my world. I don't think most players dream about breaking people's legs or tearing their ACLs. Well, maybe Mianis do.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From 3rd quarter time frame against Toledo at home. It was still a close ball game here (Miami was actually losing for part of it). Crickets.

Lots of empty seats, even in the lower sections.
Yep, so let's do the math here.

Stadium capacity - 65k
Based on photos, actual butts in seats for Toledo was no more than 50%. That's probably generous, as the two photos suggest 30-40% capacity, but I'll concede 50% and 32,500 were actually there.
Announced attendance - 49,361

@Stony157, sorry man, but I don't think there's any way Miami had 45k/game in the stadium last year, let alone the 58k/game announced. I'd guess it was more like 30k in seats, and perhaps that is generous. Pictures and TV cameras seem consistent.