Miami fans are bad

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
F97510BC-A725-4226-B98B-21890F2A0867.png
not all, but I’d say 85% of them. Not only do they believe they are BACK every year but some really are relying on their D to take Marshall out of the game. It’s really pathetic and disgusting.

The dude replied to a Cane fan that had sense and said Marshall was tough as a $2 steak. And this guy replied

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
There are bad fans everywhere, When I was at the Tenn game most of them were some of the best fans I have been around. One female was a complete C*&T. I don't hold it against all of them. This guy wishing for injury is bad for the game. I am sure most cane fans would rather not have him as a fan.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
There are bad fans everywhere, When I was at the Tenn game most of them were some of the best fans I have been around. One female was a complete C*&T. I don't hold it against all of them. This guy wishing for injury is bad for the game. I am sure most cane fans would rather not have him as a fan.
Agreed. Like I said not all fans are bad. GT has annoying fans as well, but I would be disgusted if our D ever purposely tried to knock someone out of a game.

Miami had at least 3 late hits on FSU freshman qb and I can only assume it was to take him out of the game. I mean, Richt did coach under Bobby Bowden at FSU and that guy hid behind his politeness and silly catch phrases during interviews. Techs final game winning drive at FSU in 09, FSU defense tried everything they could to take Nesbitt, Dwyer and Jones out of the game. And nothing was called by the refs of course.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Fans span the spectrum. A few years back a rabid Clemson Fan who is a friend told me straight faced that he hoped Notre Dame would injure some of our best players so that they could easily beat us. Obnoxious fans just make it that much sweeter when we win because they take it so hard. (Note that I am not a hypocrite because the injury I want to inflict is 1) on the fans and 2) emotional, not physical) Having said that, I do want the emotional impact to be devastating because those fans are obnoxious and need to get football into proper perspective;).

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
A former successful high school coach I know was asked about his players getting injured. His reply was, "We're not going to get hurt. We're going to hurt them." Without advocating dirty play, this is the attitude you have to have to play football. I ain't gonna get hurt. I'm gonna hurt the other guy.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, sure.

Other teams have been, as I pointed out in another thread, setting their Ds to stop the sweep and the pitch on the TO. Why? To force Marshall to carry the ball, of course. Why do that? To hit him every play and hope for the best in terms of injury, (again) of course. The temptation is great when you consider that TQ is rather small for a major college QB (apparently nobody was looking at JTs weight and height all those years). We'll see more of this as the year goes on; hope springs eternal in the hearts of DCs facing our run game. The same idea has been the common thread in defensing the academies too; there's a reason that Ricky Dobbs and Keenan Reynolds were so effective as runners.

Problem = at Tech the idea has worked a grand total of one (that's 1) time: last year when JT was forced to sit out the VT game. (Nesbitt broke his arm too but that wasn't due to the D, it was when he tried to make a tackle after a turnover.) True, JT was slowed down a bit by other injuries at times, but he was only forced out once. This is because a) you very seldom get a straight hit on a TO QB (most of the hits are from the side as he's headed up field) and b) most tackles are arm tackles; i.e. the QB gets dragged down.

The BIG problem = TM is probably the best running QB we've had since Nesbitt. He's an AB who can throw, extremely fast and a great broken field runner (sorta like Reynolds and Dobbs). That means that forcing the ball into his hands is, ultimately, a losing strategy in most instances. But what if they succeed and he's forced out? Then things get, arguably, worse: we are extremely deep at QB. Matthew, who would be next up, is a Nesbitt clone and we suddenly become a slam-bam football team instead of a finesse one.

Bottom line = I'm not worried about what opposing fans would like to see happen.

Deleted member 2897

F their fans and F their players. Of all the things I've thought and hoped for before every single Tech game going back decades, NEVER ONCE have I thought that we needed to injure any opposing player. Thug U. I am a big believer in karma. So perhaps it is apropos that they keep getting players injured themselves.

On a side note, this is where agencies like the ACC need to step in. If I were in the administration at the ACC and I read or heard unsportsmanlike comments like this, I would approach that team's coach and threaten suspensions if they didn't publicly apologize and tone it down. Its one thing to talk trash and say 'we're going to beat you into the ground', its another thing to say you want to injure someone. This is not a good look on University-7, nor is it a good look on the ACC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Eh, I'm not so sure I have that big a problem with the guy saying their goal is to get the Duke QB out of the game. I mean, that's every defense's goal. It sounds/reads bad in print like that but every defender is aiming to hit the QB hard enough that the backup has to come in.

Now, if we're talking knee twists, gator rolls or w/e where serious injury is the clear motive, that's a whole other ball game. There, you're clearly going for injury. But if you get a clean shot at the QB and he ends up hurt, it's kind of a 'so be it' situation. That's football.

Deleted member 2897

Eh, I'm not so sure I have that big a problem with the guy saying their goal is to get the Duke QB out of the game. I mean, that's every defense's goal. It sounds/reads bad in print like that but every defender is aiming to hit the QB hard enough that the backup has to come in.

Now, if we're talking knee twists, gator rolls or w/e where serious injury is the clear motive, that's a whole other ball game. There, you're clearly going for injury. But if you get a clean shot at the QB and he ends up hurt, it's kind of a 'so be it' situation. That's football.

Well if he said 'we want to get him out of the game', that might be like saying 'we want him to play so miserably that Cutcliffe replaces him with the backup QB'. But the quote is "it's incumbent on the Hurricanes to knock the sophomore QB out of commission." So yea, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but its not that they want to make him play bad...they physically want to knock him out of commission - that means injure.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope our Oline beats the hell out of their front 7 and makes them hurt (not injured...but hurt). I hope every hit our D puts on them knocks the snot bubbles out of their players (no not concussions). I hope we dominate the canes and make them so sore they beg the ACC to put them in the Atlantic so they don't have to face us every year anymore. (again I don't want to see any of them injured and miss games). I'd love for them to be so beat up feeling they wanna start asking for bye weeks after playing us rather than before playing us.