@ Mercer / Ga State

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t get to watch this one tonight, was able to watch Mercer last night. I was wondering what the hell happened, looks like we had a super weak lineup in and Hall didn’t really care to win this one. Starting to be a troubling trend with the poor hitting with RISP, have to be clutch on hitting if you have any dreams of making it to Omaha, especially against better pitching.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If my math is correct, Colin Hall (2-21) and Nick Wilhite (2-23) are a combined 4-44 over the last 6 games. Radcliffe is 1-12 in the same stretch. Guldberg is 4-9 in those same games.

Not including Murray who has played approximately 7 innings total in those games, our OF is 9-67 in the last 6 games. I don’t know that we have any other option until Murray is healthy and I’m not sure what’s going on with Guldberg (has been mentioned he may also be hurt). Not to pile on, but Hall also cost us 3 runs tonight in the field (granted, we shouldn’t have gotten to his misplay in the first if we had executed a fairly routine play from P to 1B) with two misplayed balls.

We struck out WAY too much tonight vs a much less talented team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Loss with these guys unavailable:
Johnson
English
Murray
Guldberg
Ca.Hall

...2nd of back to back mid-week games. A few defensive plays indicative of a basic lack of focus.

Can't win with that formula.

I guessed I've missed something. I thought English and Guldberg were just getting rested:
Cal Johnson (out for season / forever with injuries)
English ??
Murray Concussion / other injury? Day to day?
Guldberg ??
Carter Hall (probably out of baseball with injuries)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I guessed I've missed something. I thought English and Guldberg were just getting rested:
Cal Johnson (out for season / forever with injuries)
English ??
Murray Concussion / other injury? Day to day?
Guldberg ??
Carter Hall (probably out of baseball with injuries)
I'm just repeating what Wiley said. English & Guldbeg were "unavailable" last night. I would concur with your list the way you wrote it. Unavailable could mean just about anything.

Sorry my post had no context. I was just pointing out... the obvious... for last night's game. We were very short-handed.

Deleted member 2897

I'm just repeating what Wiley said. English & Guldbeg were "unavailable" last night. I would concur with your list the way you wrote it. Unavailable could mean just about anything.

Sorry my post had no context. I was just pointing out... the obvious... for last night's game. We were very short-handed.

Somehow you can always make me feel better even in the worst of circumstances. Please never leave!!!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I am not upset with the loss. If I had to pick between getting everyone healthy for Pitt or winning a game that's not really going to matter in the end, I'd pick getting healthy for Pitt. I really feel like we'll win the series this weekend, but I think that we can sweep them if Murray and English are 100% healthy.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Colin Hall seems to have hit the "freshman wall". He did make a great throw from RF to C to keep another runner from scoring. Nick Wilhite will never hit and Radcliffe will either never hit or could be a star. At this point, without Murray( damn Uga), our outfield is pretty much an automatic out at the plate.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

So every once in a while, I get to have a talk with someone who knows players and get a “little bit” of info. I was told Guldberg may be out a couple of weeks due to a lingering injury. Murray has been cleared and should be good to go this weekend. That’s all I’ve got. Some good with the bad.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Colin Hall seems to have hit the "freshman wall". He did make a great throw from RF to C to keep another runner from scoring. Nick Wilhite will never hit and Radcliffe will either never hit or could be a star. At this point, without Murray( damn Uga), our outfield is pretty much an automatic out at the plate.
In full agreement with all of this. @RoosterJacket just posted that Murray will be back for Pitt. That is great news...and should be a difference maker going forward! I hope Guldberg can get healthy too. The outfield is thin.... no Ca.Hall or Johnson or Guldberg ...makes for a tough deal. No rest for the weary.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lost in the frustration of this loss was some decent pitching...overall. ZERO walks. 2 x HBP. One injury (Lee) warming up... that sucks. He was clearly frustrated...Feel for him.

Carpenter's 1st appearance coming off injury. 2 hits / 0 ERs. Mannelly and Hughes faced the minimum in their single inning each. Combs on Tues night looked good.

Need these guys to keep pounding the strike zone and gaining confidence. At some point one or more of them is going to have to pitch in a critical moment. NEED them badly.