MBB @ NC St 2/3 5:30PM EST

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
A 6-foot-9, 206-pound wing, Gapare is still working and striving and yearning to break out as a difference-maker. The Yellow Jackets are waiting for that to happen, too.
But there have been flashes of brilliance already from the New Zealander.
He had 20 points and six rebounds in Tech’s double-overtime win against Penn State in December, a performance that turned heads at Madison Square Garden. A week later Gapare scored nine points, blocked four shots and grabbed seven rebounds in a victory at Hawaii.
Living in NY, the MSG game v Penn State was the only one I was able to attend this season Kelly stole the headlines with the last second double free throws, but Gapare was the real culprit making the Nittany Lions fans, literally, sobbing while exiting after the final buzzer. He played 28 minutes, made 7 of 16 FG, including 3 of 6 treys. Only 1 turnover & stayed out of foul trouble. Half of his rebounds were offensive.

287-163-63-42460011220

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Living in NY, the MSG game v Penn State was the only one I was able to attend this season Kelly stole the headlines with the last second double free throws, but Gapare was the real culprit making the Nittany Lions fans, literally, sobbing while exiting after the final buzzer. He played 28 minutes, made 7 of 16 FG, including 3 of 6 treys. Only 1 turnover & stayed out of foul trouble. Half of his rebounds were offensive.

287-163-63-4246001122

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I am less worried about their full court pressure because they generally do it for show or to try and simply take time off the clock so you don’t have as much time to run your offense.
Never underestimate how bad we are against any type of press. We can't run this offense with 20 seconds every possession.

slugboy

Staff member
ron burgundy GIF

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
Lack of comments 10+ minutes after the game is deafening.
When the second half began, we looked like the better team. We flew down the court, and should have scored, and somehow didn’t a lot of the time. We built a nice lead, then it evaporated, then it got worse.

A game like this afternoon is more frustrating because we could have run away with it, but it ended up a solid loss. It’s not the only one

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I saw a lot of one and two man ball on offense in the 2nd half. Defensive intensity lacking throughout. A dispassionate loss. Looked like youth on the road. We'll be better later. If Nait grows into his Jose level on court passion willing is to wins, we'll be a quality road team next year.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
When the second half began, we looked like the better team. We flew down the court, and should have scored, and somehow didn’t a lot of the time. We built a nice lead, then it evaporated, then it got worse.

A game like this afternoon is more frustrating because we could have run away with it, but it ended up a solid loss. It’s not the only one
When the second half began, we hit a three. What followed for the next 10-11 minutes was some very sloppy play. We took quick, bad shots (if we didn’t turn it over) and completely lacked defensive intensity to make up for it. The way this game looked with 9-ish minutes to play, I am shocked we had a chance late.
This kind of seems to be our M. O. We play outside ourselves against near insurmountable odds and we devolve quickly when we should be in control. It’ll get better… there’s a lot of talent and potential and a lot of lack of leadership. Floor leader emerges and this will be a different team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Wait….i th8nk I’ve seen that movie before…

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Only 2 steals and forcing 4 turnovers seems significant. We should be playing stronger defense than that. Hard to get any easy baskets that way.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
We're so close. That's the frustrating thing. If we could just be a little more quick to get back on d or not make lazy passes that's the difference.

I am excited to watch Nait progress like we did with Jose.

As an acc coach I would be worried about drawing us in the tournament. Hopefully by then we can prove we can win back to back games. We could win the whole thing or bow out quickly. That's what make watching this team fun.