MBB @ NC St 2/3 5:30PM EST

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Looking to build on its third win over a top-25 team this season, Georgia Tech goes back on the road this weekend to face NC State..."

Game is on "The CW" for those that don't know, announcers are Evan Lepler and Jordan Cornette.

Of course on the radio/internet audio, Andy and Randy will be calling the game.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we see Sturdivant and George on the court together quite a bit in this one, especially if Reeves and Kelly are not dialed in.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
i have no idea what to expect., UNC or VT performance?. Hope we finally have an answer in the post as shown in UNC game.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Excellent article on Gapare . He's really coming on. Still a little "raw"
I commented on Gapare and his ceiling in another thread. I had no idea they wrote this article about him. Wish I could read it without having to pay $4.99/month when I'm out-of-state and only care about th Tech articles.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I commented on Gapare and his ceiling in another thread. I had no idea they wrote this article about him. Wish I could read it without having to pay $4.99/month when I'm out-of-state and only care about th Tech articles.
Let me see if I can cut and paste for you.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech’s Tafara Gapare sees what everyone else sees.

“I know I have a lot of talent, it’s just turning it into production,” he said. “Finding ways to get my rhythm going, just finding little things that give me energy to do other things, create for my teammates, create for myself. To me it’s kind of hard in this game because a team can just sit there and play zone so the paint is kind of closed. At the same time, for me, I feel like I need space to get to where I want to get to. I’ve never really played in such a tight environment.”

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A 6-foot-9, 206-pound wing, Gapare is still working and striving and yearning to break out as a difference-maker. The Yellow Jackets are waiting for that to happen, too.
But there have been flashes of brilliance already from the New Zealander.
He had 20 points and six rebounds in Tech’s double-overtime win against Penn State in December, a performance that turned heads at Madison Square Garden. A week later Gapare scored nine points, blocked four shots and grabbed seven rebounds in a victory at Hawaii.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
“He has so much God-given ability, but after a while we gotta turn that God-given ability into production,” Tech coach Damon Stoudamire said Jan. 15 on his weekly radio show. “We need production at a high rate from him because when he’s on top of his game, he’s one of the better players on this team and, I think, could be one of the better players in this league. But it’s just the consistency part of it.”

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
NCSU is without a doubt going to do what we were worried about with UNC and Bacot. They are fully committed to running their offense through Burns and I never have really seen them pressured out of that commitment. And Burns is a different kind of player. 280+ lbs but light feet. Decent handle and good passing skills. State is good at getting him the ball at or around the foul line and spreading the floor to let him back down and pass if doubled.

Personally, I am less worried about their full court pressure because they generally do it for show or to try and simply take time off the clock so you don’t have as much time to run your offense.