MBB @ NC St 2/3 5:30PM EST

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I saw UVA play early on and did not think they were very good. Was disappointed when we lost them. But they have been getting better and better all year long. If they do somehow make the tourney they are a team I don’t think anybody wants to play

They have trouble scoring, but you don't need to score much if you're gonna give up 50 a game. lol

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I saw UVA play early on and did not think they were very good. Was disappointed when we lost them. But they have been getting better and better all year long. If they do somehow make the tourney they are a team I don’t think anybody wants to play
One might say that our game helped them get on track. They seemed to be getting better each week!

I won't be surprised if they make a run in the ACC Tourney.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't need ratings, statistics, or algorithms to tell me who is playing well. I just watch the game, and easily tell who is and isn't.
I agree. I have never seen a coach at any level standing on the sideline with an ipad studying the numbers to determine when to make a substitution.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
One might say that our game helped them get on track. They seemed to be getting better each week!

I won't be surprised if they make a run in the ACC Tourney.
It seems UVA coaching staff is excellent in scouting ACC teams. They seem to struggle more out of conference. That seems odd to me. That's my perception, I could be off but don't feel like looking back through history to see if the facts support that perception.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
At the end of the day the guy saying “you can’t rely on single game plus minus like you’re quoting” really isn’t the one who should be getting all this “did you even play the game, stats are worthless” pile-on…

Not every stat is created equal and they can’t all be used in every situation. But you’re just as clueless if you don’t think there’s anything to be gleaned from numbers. There’s a reason people have been looking at sports stats for a century+.

It’s cute we even got a guest appearance from some EE smugness in the thread, like diffeq and e&m tell you any more about basketball than the forms of math we’re looking down on here. 👍

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Jordan Minor has made a huge difference inside. His first game was against us - ugh