May Toddcast

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It’s also a UGA year though. I bought season tickets this year in part because of the excitement around the program (purchased them the day Collins was hired) but also because I absolutely no shame plan to recoup my whole ticket cost by selling the last game to a couple of Dawg fans.

It’d be interesting to hear some numbers on where we stand compared to 2017 and 2015.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Oh snap 404.buzz is available for $250 as a url..

This could have legs. I know nothing about clothing based e-commerce but am going to ask around my network. I have done a lot of digital transformation and strategy work. Could be interesting if I can find someone who could coach me through / take on the merchandising aspect of this.

Would be a cool side hustle if I can find a way to not have to sink a bunch of money into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Pretty good recap, but seems you missed out on one jewel that shined very brightly, somewhere around point #7 on the list above...

He did emphasize that G/W are our colors but that Blue had been a part of GT since the 1800s, and how important those Blue shirts are to members of the 1990 NC team, did he not?

Boy oh boy - incoming!

I think over the next few years we will see many variations and new combos. Just the way it is.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
18) We are at 85 Million on the way to 125M for the AI working on building the new EDGE Building remodels (TStan was here in 1981 when we opened the original Edge Building, TStan says it was a boon to recruiting then and the need now is similar)
19) TStan said he thinks we did well starting with fundraising for the first 14/15 months but now knows we have tapped the obvious big pockets and knows we have to double down to finish out the fundraising. Called it 1st down on the 15 and need to punch it in. He tied in a call out for phase 2 of Russ Chandler improvements (approved by BoR and putting together the funding package now).

Caveat I am not a branding or marketing person, so I'm not swimming in my lane. But think about the 404 hat thing and some of the other cool stuff we do. Who here gets those Alexander-Tharpe Fund stickers? Who has ever put one on their car? I have suggested quite a few times coming up with something more catchy like IPTAY. I suggested GOLD as one example (Gift Of Loyalty Donation). Come up with whatever you want. Now that we have apparently done very well with larger donors, its time to figure out how to get 10,000 new people to give $100/year. I recently suggested a one-time sticker for whoever gives by the end of their fiscal year June 30th. Come up with some cool #404Takeover or #GoldBlooded or #biGTime sticker or something. Its a pretty small cost to order 10,000 stickers like that. Point is to come up with something to get new blood in the water, especially since some of the younger folks may not have been able to give $404. I don't know what the right answer is, but I think how the AT Fund is branded and marketed needs a makeover...I just feel it in my gut if they had something more catchy and up to date, more people would jump in.

Your idea of the GOLD organization is really good! Original and relevant to GT.

Hope you dropped a note to TStan.

Clemson has for many decades done great with IPTAY, and would love to see us do similar.

Deleted member 2897

Your idea of the GOLD organization is really good! Original and relevant to GT.

Hope you dropped a note to TStan.

Clemson has for many decades done great with IPTAY, and would love to see us do similar.

I have planted that idea a couple times, but did again lately. Marketing and branding isnt in my wheelhouse, but it just feels like the program could use SOMETHING to freshen it up.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s also a UGA year though. I bought season tickets this year in part because of the excitement around the program (purchased them the day Collins was hired) but also because I absolutely no shame plan to recoup my whole ticket cost by selling the last game to a couple of Dawg fans.

It’d be interesting to hear some numbers on where we stand compared to 2017 and 2015.
And you are what is wrong with Tech fans. Too cheap to just buy your season tickets but have to "recoup" your costs by putting our hated rivals fans in our stadium.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
This is my only problem with TStan. When he had his campaign to select the so called "Tech Gold", during all of the pomp and circumstance, there should have been a statement about wearing blue too. If there was, I missed it. I don't think the color blue even was a thought among those folks trying to figure out what shade of gold we were supposed to be wearing. I wore a blue Addias GT shirt that was a gift to the spring game and I heard fussing from fans about other supporters wearing that color. As trivial as this may seem, I think this issue still has not been clarified and we are still where we were 5 years ago. What colors does GT want fans to wear to support the team?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
And you are what is wrong with Tech fans. Too cheap to just buy your season tickets but have to "recoup" your costs by putting our hated rivals fans in our stadium.
I’m not sorry. I have no family members or friends who went to UGA...a couple coworkers I guess. The rivalry just isn’t as ingrained in me as it is to others. UGA is consistently the 9th most important game of the season to me.

Now I’ll go back to purchasing season tickets for basketball and football and attending nearly every game while you keep whining on the internet. Perhaps you or your Tech friends can buy my overvalued seats and ensure there’s gold in the seats if you care that much.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Oh snap 404.buzz is available for $250 as a url..
This could have legs. I know nothing about clothing based e-commerce but am going to ask around my network. I have done a lot of digital transformation and strategy work. Could be interesting if I can find someone who could coach me through / take on the merchandising aspect of this.
Would be a cool side hustle if I can find a way to not have to sink a bunch of money into it.
LOL. Starting a business always takes a bunch of money, and usually a lot more than you plan for! :)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sorry. I have no family members or friends who went to UGA...a couple coworkers I guess. The rivalry just isn’t as ingrained in me as it is to others. UGA is consistently the 9th most important game of the season to me.

Now I’ll go back to purchasing season tickets for basketball and football and attending nearly every game while you keep whining on the internet. Perhaps you or your Tech friends can buy my overvalued seats and ensure there’s gold in the seats if you care that much.
Hope u can get a better way to make some cash. The last 4 uga and clemson games have been at end of 3Q them 35 and us 3 -5. We do better than them in 4th q and lose 42-10. Hope springs eternal that gt teams do better on field and u find a way to get more cash so u don't have to sell your tickets.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer

Buy your tickets and use them for every game. Don't sell off to the worst of enemies.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is my only problem with TStan. When he had his campaign to select the so called "Tech Gold", during all of the pomp and circumstance, there should have been a statement about wearing blue too. If there was, I missed it. I don't think the color blue even was a thought among those folks trying to figure out what shade of gold we were supposed to be wearing. I wore a blue Addias GT shirt that was a gift to the spring game and I heard fussing from fans about other supporters wearing that color. As trivial as this may seem, I think this issue still has not been clarified and we are still where we were 5 years ago. What colors does GT want fans to wear to support the team?

Did you listen to the Podcast, because he made a very clear statement about blue that @Supersizethatorder-mutt would probably be livid about?

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow

Hate to break it to you but I attend all of the games too. Cant believe you would be that big of a fan and think there is nothing wrong with putting mutt butts in our seats.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

If this is the way you feel then you might as well not even call yourself a Georgia Tech fan. This is like a Florida fan saying they don’t care about the FSU game, or Auburn saying the same about Alabama. Regardless of there even being one of the longest standing rivalries in American sports on the line every year, the game is also a chance for Tech to make national stories nearly every year as well. It’s just like the Clemson game, which is normally a chance to take pride in beating a historic rival and championship contender.

I really wouldn’t even have a problem if you just said you sold your tickets to recoup the value, because your financial situation really isn’t my business. But saying you don’t care about the rivalry is nonsense, and that attitude among Tech fans is why we don’t sell out crowds, attract recruits, and compete for the conference and national titles. Who wants to play in a program with fans that have sore losers like you as a supporter?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Have you ever considered making an effort to sell your tickets to Tech fans for that game? You might get fooled by someone pretending to be one just for the tickets, and you might even have to accept just a little bit less if it’s harder to find them, but you’d be doing something good for the school you support. Also, you might want to consider that it’s kind of a **** move to the rest of the fans in your section who you’ll be sitting with all year to put a couple of barking morons next to them for their (your fellow GT fans, not the dwags) most important game of the season.