May Toddcast

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Serious question - what drives your perspective in that direction?

I think he's ok. Far from our best, but I think he's fine.

ETA: I think plenty here are just biding time until Wiley Ballard has the experience to be the voice of The Jackets.

Agreed. Hoping Wiley take the reigns in a few years.

Deleted member 2897

TLDNR:
1) Spring game was not a spring game - it was an event.
2) 3rd largest attendance in ACC - only behind Clemson and FSU (FSU numbers were questionable based on pictures)
3) Brand - we have to be relevant in Atlanta. Collins is focused on on that like a laser and doing a great job.
4) Everything CGC does is deliberate.
5) Season tickets up 30% from last year (no comparison offered to 2 years ago when we last had uGA at home)
6) More plans in the works for a better home game experience
7) Gold/Gold uniforms were only for spring game.
8) Gear availability in stores is due to about a 1 year lead time on retail design/manufacturing. Will continue to improve.
9) Positivity around Fortner hire. Only worry was why leave a cushy job to coach again, and she had the bug again. Could not say enough about her aura and presence when you're around her.

Then I had to disconnect...that was about 60% through.

Italics are my emphasis added.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Picking up the TLDNR Started by @bwelbo :
10) Talked about the importance of seeing and home field advantage for BeesBall (gave a pretty good plug for the team and their next few weeks of game play).
11) Can confirm Todd Stansbury never played baseball (#Canada4LIFE 404theCulture) he played hockey and lacrosse then track and football.
12) Softball swept Syracuse, needs a win against ND to clinch #1 seed in ACC Tourney and pick up a bye.
13) Talked up the Golf Team, We won by 15 strokes (the gap was larger between 1st and 2nd UVA than 2nd UVA and 6th NCSt).
14) Track and Field at ACC Championship next weekend at UVA Set a record in the 4x100 that broke a 30+ year record.
15) We have 7 teams currently in NCAA Post Season for 2019 with the potential to have 2 or 3 more before the end of the year. We had 3 last year.
16) 65 GT Student Athletes will be walking this weekend, and 6 will receive Master's Degrees.
17) Jackets Without Borders won the ACC GameChangers Award for the work we did in Puerto Rico last year after the hurricane, 20 kids are going back this year to continue the work.
18) We are at 85 Million on the way to 125M for the AI working on building the new EDGE Building remodels (TStan was here in 1981 when we opened the original Edge Building, TStan says it was a boon to recruiting then and the need now is similar)
19) TStan said he thinks we did well starting with fundraising for the first 14/15 months but now knows we have tapped the obvious big pockets and knows we have to double down to finish out the fundraising. Called it 1st down on the 15 and need to punch it in. He tied in a call out for phase 2 of Russ Chandler improvements (approved by BoR and putting together the funding package now).

Whew. Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

18) We are at 85 Million on the way to 125M for the AI working on building the new EDGE Building remodels (TStan was here in 1981 when we opened the original Edge Building, TStan says it was a boon to recruiting then and the need now is similar)
19) TStan said he thinks we did well starting with fundraising for the first 14/15 months but now knows we have tapped the obvious big pockets and knows we have to double down to finish out the fundraising. Called it 1st down on the 15 and need to punch it in. He tied in a call out for phase 2 of Russ Chandler improvements (approved by BoR and putting together the funding package now).

Caveat I am not a branding or marketing person, so I'm not swimming in my lane. But think about the 404 hat thing and some of the other cool stuff we do. Who here gets those Alexander-Tharpe Fund stickers? Who has ever put one on their car? I have suggested quite a few times coming up with something more catchy like IPTAY. I suggested GOLD as one example (Gift Of Loyalty Donation). Come up with whatever you want. Now that we have apparently done very well with larger donors, its time to figure out how to get 10,000 new people to give $100/year. I recently suggested a one-time sticker for whoever gives by the end of their fiscal year June 30th. Come up with some cool #404Takeover or #GoldBlooded or #biGTime sticker or something. Its a pretty small cost to order 10,000 stickers like that. Point is to come up with something to get new blood in the water, especially since some of the younger folks may not have been able to give $404. I don't know what the right answer is, but I think how the AT Fund is branded and marketed needs a makeover...I just feel it in my gut if they had something more catchy and up to date, more people would jump in.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Caveat I am not a branding or marketing person, so I'm not swimming in my lane. But think about the 404 hat thing and some of the other cool stuff we do. Who here gets those Alexander-Tharpe Fund stickers? Who has ever put one on their car? I have suggested quite a few times coming up with something more catchy like IPTAY. I suggested GOLD as one example (Gift Of Loyalty Donation). Come up with whatever you want. Now that we have apparently done very well with larger donors, its time to figure out how to get 10,000 new people to give $100/year. I recently suggested a one-time sticker for whoever gives by the end of their fiscal year June 30th. Come up with some cool #404Takeover or #GoldBlooded or #biGTime sticker or something. Its a pretty small cost to order 10,000 stickers like that. Point is to come up with something to get new blood in the water, especially since some of the younger folks may not have been able to give $404. I don't know what the right answer is, but I think how the AT Fund is branded and marketed needs a makeover...I just feel it in my gut if they had something more catchy and up to date, more people would jump in.
I couldn't agree more with this. Todd explicity said as well he knows he has been knocking on the door of the big donors frequently and has some awareness that closing out the goal will require more smaller donors to step up. Your above idea sounds good to me. I'd also like to see some tiered things. For a $100 a year commitment you get GoldBlodded Special Adidas Shirts. Collectible, and limited run. Would be cool to see a recurring 404 day thing as well.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Speaking of Jackets Without Borders... If anyone is so inclined to have a few bucks to spare, please consider donating with 3 days left to donate.

https://ramblinwreck.com/jackets-unveil-third-annual-jackets-without-borders-experience/

https://swarmnation.atfund.org

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/148...cid=28898&dids=911&bledit=1&appealcode=TPS801

Thanks to the poster GTMegaFan on the Jackets Online board, who's stepping up for 20% of the funding need. Anything anyone can do will go a long way to help these students do great, charitable work.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Serious question - what drives your perspective in that direction?

I think he's ok. Far from our best, but I think he's fine.

ETA: I think plenty here are just biding time until Wiley Ballard has the experience to be the voice of The Jackets.
Imo he just doesn’t have the Voice, he’s 100% a Baseball guy and some of his Basketball and Football calls are almost kinda cringe. Wiley would be a great step up especially for Football.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer

I think both roll call and the AT fund need to be advertised as things you can automatically deduct from your paycheck every pay period. At even $5 per paycheck you'd be looking at ~$120/year per person, but most people are willing to pay more in small chunks than lots in one go.