Matthew Jordan Practicing at AB

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Don't get me wrong, I think MJ is solid and can be very good. Based solely on old HS film, CC is a more dynamic athlete and I think has more homerun potential (the JT mold). MJ can be a very solid QB for us, but if he can move to be a solid contributor as an AB this year I am in favor of it. CC will have 2 years in the system already by 2017 and should be ready, especially if it entices his little bro to get on campus.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody ever seen CPJ have an A Back option pass? Seems like it would be something you see Jordan do at A Back. Would put a hell of a lot of pressure on a Safety if the A Back that takes the pitch is able to hit the other A Back downfield.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody ever seen CPJ have an A Back option pass? Seems like it would be something you see Jordan do at A Back. Would put a hell of a lot of pressure on a Safety if the A Back that takes the pitch is able to hit the other A Back downfield.

This would be pretty fun to watch

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree with 305. There is no doubt that MJ is a good athlete. That being said, so was Vad Lee. MJ and Vad never worked under center in high school. CC on the other hand, has been working under center in an offense where he had to ride the mesh, and read a defensive end quickly.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CC is just getting started. Let's give him some time. I agree he looks good, but college is a big jump at that position. If there is any good news in this whole situation, it is that we are looking out to 2017. That alone is awesome.

Declinometer

Banned
CC is just getting started. Let's give him some time. I agree he looks good, but college is a big jump at that position. If there is any good news in this whole situation, it is that we are looking out to 2017. That alone is awesome.

Hey Debbie Downer, being a fan means being excited about the potential of the players regardless of their years of eligibility. CC is a stud and I am excited about what he is going to bring to the table!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
This move is all about getting MJ playing time to get used to the speed of the game. It shows good sense and I would expect CC to get the same experience next year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey Debbie Downer, being a fan means being excited about the potential of the players regardless of their years of eligibility. CC is a stud and I am excited about what he is going to bring to the table!
Maybe I am being a little too cautious. I dunno. Nobody talked this kid up more than me after watching his HS film. I am really excited about him too, but I also realize that processing speed required at this level is just different and QBs are all about decisions. So, I want to see how he handles a few scrimmages and game reps before assuming he supplants MJ. I suspect you could be right though. I wouldn't be surprised. What I have absolutely no doubt about is that this kid is so wildly athletic that he will be a major contributor somewhere.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree with 305. There is no doubt that MJ is a good athlete. That being said, so was Vad Lee. MJ and Vad never worked under center in high school. CC on the other hand, has been working under center in an offense where he had to ride the mesh, and read a defensive end quickly.

Not picking on you about this, but just a general bone to pick for people who keep repeating this whole "So-and-so didn't take snaps from under center".

Let's review the QBs who have started for CPJ:

Josh Nesbitt - played exclusive in a traditional shotgun spread offense.

Tevin Washington - played exclusively in traditional shotgun spread (no video available)

Vad Lee - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread

Tim Byerly - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread

Justin Thomas - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread:

I think we can say those guys did OK for us.

OTOH, Synjyn Days ran almost an exact replica of CPJ's offense at Hillgrove and as much of an athletic advantage as he had over Tevin, he could never take the starting job from him.

I think fans make WAAAAY too much about guys playing from under center in HS.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer

Didn't BJ Bostic do it one year?

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't BJ Bostic do it one year?

Yep, last year late against Duke. Bostic went in motion, took the pitch from Byerly, and Bostic passed to Byerly for a 15-yard gain. Bostic's pass was a bit short, but Byerly adjusted and did well with it.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not saying the CC run on the GTCamp15 thread is the reason - Link - But I think it's good for MJ to be the #3QB but still get a chance to get on the field this year in another position if he can help the team.
the experience won't hurt him at the QB spot.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not picking on you about this, but just a general bone to pick for people who keep repeating this whole "So-and-so didn't take snaps from under center".

Let's review the QBs who have started for CPJ:

Josh Nesbitt - played exclusive in a traditional shotgun spread offense.

Tevin Washington - played exclusively in traditional shotgun spread (no video available)

Vad Lee - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread

Tim Byerly - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread

Justin Thomas - played exclusively in a traditional shotgun spread:

I think we can say those guys did OK for us.

OTOH, Synjyn Days ran almost an exact replica of CPJ's offense at Hillgrove and as much of an athletic advantage as he had over Tevin, he could never take the starting job from him.

I think fans make WAAAAY too much about guys playing from under center in HS.

Now why you got to go getting all factual on us here. The off season is for wild speculation and constructing castles in the sky. :)

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep, last year late against Duke. Bostic went in motion, took the pitch from Byerly, and Bostic passed to Byerly for a 15-yard gain. Bostic's pass was a bit short, but Byerly adjusted and did well with it.
Maybe it says something about what kind of fan I am, but the idea of messing with a safety's head and/or burning a d by doing this regularly is way more exciting to me than watching high school film.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Don't get me wrong, I think MJ is solid and can be very good. Based solely on old HS film, CC is a more dynamic athlete and I think has more homerun potential (the JT mold). MJ can be a very solid QB for us, but if he can move to be a solid contributor as an AB this year I am in favor of it. CC will have 2 years in the system already by 2017 and should be ready, especially if it entices his little bro to get on campus.
Dude, did you watch MJ's h.s. film? That kid was a homerun hitter for SURE. Don't get me wrong, I'm high on CC (I have visions of Kaipo Noa Kaheaku-Enhada dancing in my head), but lets not act like MJ isn't a heck of a prospect.