Matthew Jordan Practicing at AB

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Per CPJ at Media Day - practiced at AB yesterday.

Impressed with Marcus Marshall - may slide others to AB after talking with coaches this afternoon.

No update on Nathan Cottrell other than "serious".

You'll get more Media Day highlights shortly when I post audio.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Impressed with Marcus Marshall - may slide others to AB after talking with coaches this afternoon.

Impressed with Marshall at BB? I hope that's the case

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

Been saying MM is gonna be the next big thing since he committed.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Been saying MM is gonna be the next big thing since he committed.

I've been on this train too. The cuts he makes after hitting the hole are incredible. You don't see that in a lot of high school kids.

This is a much more valuable skill at BB than AB, so that's why I've hoped he'd land at BB. I'd love to see him get on the field this year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Audio is up - check it out

Brad Stewart also mentioned as having a good scrimmage today.

Also sounds like the DL got the best of the OL today.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
MM was my favorite running back commit, glad he's killing it so far. Hoping that Cottrell can come back next season and put up a thousand yards or so.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Playing other back positions and even receiver positions can help future QB understand the TO and its communication, interface, spacing, pitch timing,etc better. This IMO and might be a good question for CPJ. Also works the other way in that a QB moving to AB, BB and maybe WR makes them better potential since they know all about the communication and relationship to the QB. I like that CPJ and staff look at and develop versatility with our guys and recruit athleticism . Maybe he doesn't do it any more than other coaches but it certainly makes us a better TEAM,.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Matthew sat with the A-Backs during Fan Day. Per CPJ at Media Day, no sense leaving a good athlete at 3rd string QB this year where he's not likely to play. CPJ also mentioned he would talk with staff during this afternoon's meeting to discuss potentially moving others to AB.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Matthew sat with the A-Backs during Fan Day. Per CPJ at Media Day, no sense leaving a good athlete at 3rd string QB this year where he's not likely to play. CPJ also mentioned he would talk with staff during this afternoon's meeting to discuss potentially moving others to AB.
Do you see this as a way to get athlete on the field, or AB are weak and need some more players at the position?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

me says this means more about campbell than about jordan. You need a 3 string guy. Every team does. you can't go into the season with only 2 QBs that you think can play.

this tells me christian is legit boys....legit....

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Do you see this as a way to get athlete on the field, or AB are weak and need some more players at the position?
Pure speculation as CPJ will not reveal much... I think the timing relative to Cottrell's injury is interesting. The other new A-Backs not only need to learn but also probably add weight. The beauty of doing this with Jordan is, if it works out, he's solidly in the rotation. If Marcus Marshall or Lands-Davis move, it might be an Anthony Allen type of situation where we need to get them on the field.

For what it's worth, CPJ also said this doesn't mean Jordan won't compete for QB in the future. I expect if JT goes down, Jordan moves back at least for this year since they want to redshirt Campbell. Again all a guess on my part trying to read between the lines.