Mark Fox and GT

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Word is the contract is $3.2MM yr for 6 yrs. Basically what they offered Matta with one additional year.

Hopefully Crean is not smart enough to keep Hayes on staff or this could work out very well for them, at least in the short term.

Seems doubtful a guy with Cream's reputation would be accepting to admins suggesting who he should have on staff.

Looks like they might indeed hire The Kisser.

His kids be like #MeToo.

I'm afraid if I 'like' this post it's a little too edgy and it'll hurt my pristine reputation.

Deleted member 2897

Wait, he decomm'd again? Or are you saying, post-hiring, he re-affirmed his decomm?

ETA: Granted, it doesn't take much, but I'm so confused.

I think he committed, then decommitted, then clarified that his decommit wasn't really a decommit but a wait and see to stay committed. So kind of a decommit on his commit but not a re-commit to his decommit. Now he's officially decommitted from his commit.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he committed, then decommitted, then clarified that his decommit wasn't really a decommit but a wait and see to stay committed. So kind of a decommit on his commit but not a re-commit to his decommit. Now he's officially decommitted from his commit.
What he said, I think. Now I’m trying to figure out who’s on first.

CharlotteJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Can anyone with better knowledge of Crean and/or how assistants get chosen provide any thoughts on who he might bring with him? I assume each assistant typically chosen has a strong suit that compliment each other (one x's and o's, one strong recruiter, one that focuses on player skill development).

Deleted member 2897

Heh, he took the job sight unseen?

Wait, he hadn't been there since 1991!? :eek:

Welp, good thing is he'll notice that not much has changed facilities-wise since then so he'll know where everything is. :ROFLMAO::LOL::D

Just read an article by a dwag reporter. His family was apparently on spring break in Sarasota - the uGA AD and Pres flew down there to hammer out the deal with him.

So weird, I mean I guess they just went off his previous reputation and that was it. No background check, no deep interview process. Just 'are you interested, here is our budget'....'yes'...'okay we'll fly down' and then they spent some time with him there and that was it. Of course the uGA athletic exec committee had to approve it, so they all got on a phone conference to review everything and approved it last night.

Coach Crean didn't tour the facilities (he was in Sarasota) didn't need to do any due diligence on his own...nothing.

No details on whether or not Coach Crean kissed the AD and President on the lips when they parted.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just read an article by a dwag reporter. His family was apparently on spring break in Sarasota - the uGA AD and Pres flew down there to hammer out the deal with him.

So weird, I mean I guess they just went off his previous reputation and that was it. No background check, no deep interview process. Just 'are you interested, here is our budget'....'yes'...'okay we'll fly down' and then they spent some time with him there and that was it. Of course the uGA athletic exec committee had to approve it, so they all got on a phone conference to review everything and approved it last night.

Coach Crean didn't tour the facilities (he was in Sarasota) didn't need to do any due diligence on his own...nothing.

No details on whether or not Coach Crean kissed the AD and President on the lips when they parted.

Sorry, man. There's no way he could've kissed them on the lips. Their lips were staunchly affixed to another part of Cream's anatomy. Also this made me smile for some reason ...

Deleted member 2897

georgia loves them some center parted, eeky coaches.

richt.jpg

b0znlk4cyaagm8v1.png

635600162080424421-tomcrean.0.0.jpg

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
As a casual Marquette fan (very nearly went there for school) I don't jump on the Crean hate train but I'm sure not gonna stop anyone from choo-chooin