Mark Bradley's steaming pile of poop

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Come on guys. Mark Bradley predicted us to BEAT ugag this year. Did that make any sense for him to do that if he was a ugag homer. Seriously, ugag was on a roll coming into the game. Eason was playing much better and so was their defense. But yet he still picked us to win.

As far as next year goes, he is saying that on paper ugag should be better because they have recruited some high profile players to help fix their most glaring weakness - the oline. On paper we might be a little worse because we are losing the best qb we have had in CPJ's tenure. Generally speaking, teams take a step backwards when they replace a guy like that. To top that off, our schedule - on paper - appears to be a little tougher next year.

I just don't get all the butt hurt.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why do you so read his garbage?! He has a job, the security of his job is to get people upset. He didn't care about either school. You are so giving him what he wants when you read the crap he is saying, because he understands it is crap, but that is what gets the reads and clicks. We are tech folks, surely we are smarter than this fool. Stop reading his crap and his voice gets smaller.

I'm trying that with ***** too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Come on guys. Mark Bradley predicted us to BEAT ugag this year. Did that make any sense for him to do that if he was a ugag homer. Seriously, ugag was on a roll coming into the game. Eason was playing much better and so was their defense. But yet he still picked us to win.

As far as next year goes, he is saying that on paper ugag should be better because they have recruited some high profile players to help fix their most glaring weakness - the oline. On paper we might be a little worse because we are losing the best qb we have had in CPJ's tenure. Generally speaking, teams take a step backwards when they replace a guy like that. To top that off, our schedule - on paper - appears to be a little tougher next year.

He's just a pot stirrer. He needs clicks and views to keep his job in a dying industry. He needs people talking about him.... Hmmm.......

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Shocking a member of the media cherry picking facts, not telling the whole story, so they can support their narrative regardless of truth. He is one step away of just making a story up for the headlines like we are seeing in some other news outlets.

Shocking.
Whilst we, of course, know he truth.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
From the AJC point of view, this column did double duty. It gave the Mark and the AJC some extra pub, while pleasing the Bulldog readership by telling them the future is bright.

NatvAtln

Georgia Tech Fan

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with cheese, I think he tries to be inflammatory just to keep his job.

At times, that is absolutely true. But I just can't find anything inflammatory about the article in question. Was there any depth to the article? No. Was there any real analysis? No. Were the opinions he gave inflammatory? No.

Go back and read Mark's column after the uga game and see all the wonderful things he had to say both about our program AND CPJ. And this is after CPJ called out Mark personally in the post game interview.

NatvAtln

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with you and we must remember our kicking game is suspect for next year until the new guys ( must sign ) and settle in. I know they are highly rated but we have lost a weapon in H. Butker with his length especially . In my humble opinion R. Rodwell did a great job also.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
At times, that is absolutely true. But I just can't find anything inflammatory about the article in question. Was there any depth to the article? No. Was there any real analysis? No. Were the opinions he gave inflammatory? No.

Go back and read Mark's column after the uga game and see all the wonderful things he had to say both about our program AND CPJ. And this is after CPJ called out Mark personally in the post game interview.

I don't know, maybe I'm too sensitive, but "Trending Down" to me is inflammatory.
Specifically because he analyzed the schedule and JT graduating, but doesn't look at anything else ... OL improvement, Mills returning and expecting more maturity from him, help coming defensively from recruiting class, etc

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree with cheese, I think he tries to be inflammatory just to keep his job.
Okay. Well. How is it that in social media -- and as a novice here I assume football boards are considered such? -- we roundly and always anonymously attack and condemn in the strongest terms things that, addressed to us, would outrage us? We would be jumping up and down and setting our hair on fire and generally making fools of ourselves at even the suggestion we should do such things, and from some guys hiding behind an internet alias? We seem to always impute to others what I suppose I think we would do. We attack them professionally and personally without any regard for civil discourse, and fail to make any connection to the ugliness of the recent election. It seems to be what the internet has made us. A guy can be criticized, and roundly, for what he writes or says, without attaching vile or evil overtones or questioning his integrity. Geez. It is a column. It is an opinion. We remember those, right? I think it is that First Amendment thingy. He's doing his job. For what it's worth, I think he's good at it. If Bradley is wrong, he hangs it out there for all to see. If he makes a fool of himself, so be it. It does not make him John Wayne Gacy or Lord Haw Haw. If Georgia gets the ink it is because Georgia wins. Two great and dramatic victories in three years is astounding and I have watched the 4th quarter of '16 half a dozen times. Will again. But the record, as they say, speaks for itself. Sorry for the rant.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Okay. Well. How is it that in social media -- and as a novice here I assume football boards are considered such? -- we roundly and always anonymously attack and condemn in the strongest terms things that, addressed to us, would outrage us? We would be jumping up and down and setting our hair on fire and generally making fools of ourselves at even the suggestion we should do such things, and from some guys hiding behind an internet alias? We seem to always impute to others what I suppose I think we would do. We attack them professionally and personally without any regard for civil discourse, and fail to make any connection to the ugliness of the recent election. It seems to be what the internet has made us. A guy can be criticized, and roundly, for what he writes or says, without attaching vile or evil overtones or questioning his integrity. Geez. It is a column. It is an opinion. We remember those, right? I think it is that First Amendment thingy. He's doing his job. For what it's worth, I think he's good at it. If Bradley is wrong, he hangs it out there for all to see. If he makes a fool of himself, so be it. It does not make him John Wayne Gacy or Lord Haw Haw. If Georgia gets the ink it is because Georgia wins. Two great and dramatic victories in three years is astounding and I have watched the 4th quarter of '16 half a dozen times. Will again. But the record, as they say, speaks for itself. Sorry for the rant.

OK ... and I expressed my opinion.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

He trolls both fanbases and always has. Does so with little real insight or knowledge. Years of this has simply worn out the patience of those long familiar with his work. Thus the vitriol.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Whiskey's point is important. I don't follow the Dogs closely enough to say, but in our case, he often shows how shallow his knowledge of our team is.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think Whiskey's point is important. I don't follow the Dogs closely enough to say, but in our case, he often shows how shallow his knowledge of our team is.
The only irksome thing in his analysis was Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt scheduling in which he arrived with some curious logic that adding the former to our schedule made it tougher than Vanderbilt, which is on their schedule, and a team we beat ... while they lost to them. I don't think it was sinister as much as just goofy leapfrog logic that made no sense at all. I wish somebody had called him on it because I would love to see the answer. But, columnists have been known to do that. (One of my favorite aggregator sites is Real Clear Sports, and they steal offerings daily from papers around the country. It is a site in which you can see an item demanding a player be cut forthwith because he's lost it, and the next item moans about the unfairness of it all and the poor guy is misunderstood. The juxtaposition is at times is laugh out loud funny, but if columnists are supposed to have an opinion, and they are, then sometimes that is the result.)