Mark Bradley's steaming pile of poop

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bradley has written this story a number of times through the years. He totally buys into the SEC notion that recruiting rankings are an accurate measure of future performance. Ergo, whenever we play them close or beat them, it is because of some failing on their part. Since we don't get great recruiting numbers, in his world, it is impossible for us to somehow field a very good football team. You would think after watching us play them close and actually winning sometime that he might begin to wonder how that could be. But he never does.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do you so read his garbage?! He has a job, the security of his job is to get people upset. He didn't care about either school. You are so giving him what he wants when you read the crap he is saying, because he understands it is crap, but that is what gets the reads and clicks. We are tech folks, surely we are smarter than this fool. Stop reading his crap and his voice gets smaller.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In competion it's not how good you are.
It's how fast you get better.

This year = Our ol and how coach has called plays proved that. The bowl game will be fun.

How many ways can u get paid to write " recruiting highly rated HS athletes is good"?

At some point he should catch on that he needs to improve.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
In competion it's not how good you are.
It's how fast you get better.

This year = Our ol and how coach has called plays proved that. The bowl game will be fun.

How many ways can u get paid to write " recruiting highly rated HS athletes is good"?

At some point he should catch on that he needs to improve.

Fwiw, Kentucky looked a lot better in their last game versus LOLvl than we did in our last game versus u[sic]ga.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Fwiw, Kentucky looked a lot better in their last game versus LOLvl than we did in our last game versus u[sic]ga.
I don't agree w this. The UGA VS GT rivalry is much greater than Kentucky Vs UL... UL kinda screwed the pooch toward the end. Its UL, its not like they have ever been anything...

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
He is and has always been kinda of a ****. Who cares what he thinks. What like 45 people read his stuff. It's the AJC ...
Flea, don't you understand that MB is part of the "elite"? The "best and the brightest"? I mean, have a little respect, after all he is a card carrying member of the Fourth Estate. He deserves more acclaim than "kinda of a ****" he has "always been a ****" There fixed it for you. No charge, professional courtesy.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The problem with his articles is that they are based purely on his speculation. There is no substance to back up his opinion. He might as well write about how good/bad the weather will be in 10 months.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I can't wait for is the article next year taking us to task for not passing as much as we did with JT. As we nonchalantly steam-roller our opponents in "boring" football games. Starting with The Fleabags in the first game, of course.

I think a better use of our time next year will be to send him this link after every win:

What I can't wait for is the article next year taking us to task for not passing as much as we did with JT. As we nonchalantly steam-roller our opponents in "boring" football games. Starting with The Fleabags in the first game, of course.

I think a better use of our time next year will be to send him this link after every win:

The problem with that particular march, in spite of its "innocent" origins and continued use today in Germany, it also has the dubious distinction of being one of Adolf Hitler's reported favorite marches, and it was often played during his public appearances. Would probably be best to find something else.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Mark is like the unemployed doofus who lives in his Mom's basement poking people with a stick (online) then reading every single post on every board about his poke.

No response from me, Bark. We post on GTSwarm. You post on the AJC. Your posts aren't any better than any of ours.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The problem with that particular march, in spite of its "innocent" origins and continued use today in Germany, it also has the dubious distinction of being one of Adolf Hitler's reported favorite marches, and it was often played during his public appearances. Would probably be best to find something else.
Yeah, I know. But it is sooooo good. I almost used this instead and it's just as appropriate:

Can't beat the Germans when it comes to this kind of thing.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that an editor would let out an article with that much inconsistency.

Probably both trending up, but we'll see soon how good of a coach CKS really is...

They have editors? I see more mistakes on ajc.com and myajc.com than ever before.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
While I do not buy Bradley's premise overall - he does overlook how many starters are coming back on offense and defense and continues that fallacy that Georgia will be better because all these guys are coming back (forgetting Tech has a lot of guys coming back) - he is right that if we did recruit at that level we probably would be 9-10 wins a year. But he all he says is Tech needs to recruit better without saying how to do that. Maybe he needs to spend a semester in class with some of the players just to understand what really goes on.