Marcus Georges-Hunt

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Nantucket,MA...am a rabid Celtic fan...we've been anticipating this draft for awhile with all the picks Ainge has acquired.I've been hoping MGH is available...Celts own the 45th,51st and 58th picks.He will make a roster,he reminds me of current Celtic Marcus Smart...except MGH is bigger.Playing the point this year really helped his confidence and draft stock when teams start dissecting film.He'll get drafted for sure!

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Big body,gets in the paint off the dribble,tough kid...good kid,plays defense and not only play...but cover multiple positions.Goes late second round...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
With the influx of international players, getting drafted even in the 2nd round has become TOUGH. NBA draft is really a global draft, so you're vying to become one of 60 players drafted in the WORLD, not just in college. Think about that. For instance, in 2015 11 of the 60 total draft picks were from outside the US college bball system (not including 1 year pay for play US players getting eligible for the draft):

http://www.nba.com/draft/2015/draftboard.html

The 2nd round has become the round to take chances on international players to claim their rights while the continue to develop overseas.

MGH has quickly become one of my favorite Bball players, and I would LOVE to see him drafted (and he probably would have been had he played like he did the last half of the season his entire career), but it's hard for me to see him get drafted this year. I hope I'm wrong...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I can see MGH fitting into Mike Budenholzer's system (as well as the Spurs). It's a system that puts a premium on players that defend, make the extra pass, and can play multiple spots. You have to be unselfish and smart in that system...all of which fits MGH's game to a "T". Would be a great glue type guy and someone that can hold his own defensively to give a starter time to catch their breath.

Hope the Hawk's repeat the Mario West/GT free agent scenario with MGH.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
MGH first game with the Nets is unfortunately DNP coaches decision :(
Hopefully they have a different rotation in mind for Monday.