Marcus Georges-Hunt

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I know he’s just a freshman but I don’t see the same ability to get to the basket. Even as a freshman, you could see MGH just had this ability to muscle his way to the basket, get up in the air, and put up a good shot over top of the defender without getting blocked. He was just too damn passive at the time to do it and for some reason he had this uncanny ability to have the ball rim out. Okogie’s just different, he can get to the basket but can’t really get a good shot off over top of anybody. He gets his shots off underneath defenders or high arcing layups off the backboard.

My wording on this is impeccably bad because I don’t really know how to describe it. I guess the difference is the ability to shoot a mostly unblockable shot over top of anyone. It’s like how Kobe Bryant could rise up and shoot a jump shot so high in the air that it really didn’t make a difference if someone was guarding him or not. It was just him and basket. Kobe had the ability to it anywhere on the court and had a much better shot of course vs Wade mainly from inside 15 feet.

One thing about J-OK, and I can't beleive we haven't touched on it here, he has ZERO left hand. Everything is rigtmht hand. If he develops that off hand I'd say that's good for a 1.5-3 point bump per game.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
One thing about J-OK, and I can't beleive we haven't touched on it here, he has ZERO left hand. Everything is rigtmht hand. If he develops that off hand I'd say that's good for a 1.5-3 point bump per game.
I thought I saw him hit a left handed layup against Wake. It could have been Tadric. That may also explain why he does so many reverse layups from the left side.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
The Heat had their 13 game winning streak broken tonight while MGH didn't play. The Heat play two more before the all star break. The first game
Back for them is february 24 in ATL. I'm hoping MGH is still on the roster after signing a 10 day contract, but I doubt he sees action here given the rest over the break, but it will be nice seeing him back in the hometown. However, I don't think it will be long until he sees meaningful action this year. Spoelstra seems high on him, and I don't think he will be disappointed once Marcus gets on the court.