Marcus Georges-Hunt

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
2nd game - 15 min with 5 points and 1 rebound.
Glad he got the time. Pretty pedestrian stat line. Didn't see the game.
Hope he can show some flashes in the last 2 games (think they play 4)

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I watched the game today against the hawks and my analysis is he played well with what he was given to work with. The nets guards were all playing like ball hogs and were not into passing to the open teammate. The only way he got the ball was to get the rebound and push it. I still think he can make the awful Nets roster tho.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game today against the hawks and my analysis is he played well with what he was given to work with. The nets guards were all playing like ball hogs and were not into passing to the open teammate. The only way he got the ball was to get the rebound and push it. I still think he can make the awful Nets roster tho.

Completely agree. He didn't have a great stat line because he didn't touch the ball much and when he did he usually kept it moving with a quick swing pass. He played great defense (don't think he was scored on?). Hopefully he's a little more aggressive today since he's going to have to be.

Announcers seemed to love him

Techster

Helluva Engineer

F yeah! MGH is going to do well.

I've always had this theory about MGH. He's going to always be good enough at every level. He's not going to wow you because his personality isn't to hog the ball, but he's going to do all the things the team needs him to. He'll score when he needs to, but won't take a shot at the risk of giving teammate a better shot, which means his point total suffers. Guys like him get lost in the numbers, but are vital to a team.

Good luck MGH. Hope he gets emergency minutes like Jeremy Lin did with the Knicks and takes advantage of it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Local write up on it:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article131563394.html

“We like the fact that he’s a combo guard, he can play off the ball, he can handle the ball, he can make plays, he can shoot from deep,” Spoelstra said. “He’s a very competitive kid. Those things tend to play well with us. We’ll have to fast track him as much as possible. That’s way the season has been to welcome to the Heat.”

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He’s always seemed like a (very) poor man’s D-Wade to me. He can hit a 3 when he needs to but doesn’t shoot it that great and doesn’t rely on it. His game is mostly get to the basket and finish and/or draw a foul and be good at hitting FT’s. Biggest issue I’ve ever seen out of MGH (outside of him not realizing how good he is and not being aggressive enough, which I think he got better at his Senior year) is how many times he was unable to finish around the rim. He pretty much can get to the rim at will against anyone but could hardly ever get the ball to drop.

cincyjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
He’s always seemed like a (very) poor man’s D-Wade to me. He can hit a 3 when he needs to but doesn’t shoot it that great and doesn’t rely on it. His game is mostly get to the basket and finish and/or draw a foul and be good at hitting FT’s. Biggest issue I’ve ever seen out of MGH (outside of him not realizing how good he is and not being aggressive enough, which I think he got better at his Senior year) is how many times he was unable to finish around the rim. He pretty much can get to the rim at will against anyone but could hardly ever get the ball to drop.

Unfortunately he doesn't have D-Wade's hops to finish strong at the rim. If he did, he would have been drafted.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Okogie reminds me of D-wade a little bit

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Okogie reminds me of D-wade a little bit
I know he’s just a freshman but I don’t see the same ability to get to the basket. Even as a freshman, you could see MGH just had this ability to muscle his way to the basket, get up in the air, and put up a good shot over top of the defender without getting blocked. He was just too damn passive at the time to do it and for some reason he had this uncanny ability to have the ball rim out. Okogie’s just different, he can get to the basket but can’t really get a good shot off over top of anybody. He gets his shots off underneath defenders or high arcing layups off the backboard.

My wording on this is impeccably bad because I don’t really know how to describe it. I guess the difference is the ability to shoot a mostly unblockable shot over top of anyone. It’s like how Kobe Bryant could rise up and shoot a jump shot so high in the air that it really didn’t make a difference if someone was guarding him or not. It was just him and basket. Kobe had the ability to it anywhere on the court and had a much better shot of course vs Wade mainly from inside 15 feet.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I think that MGH plays like Joe Johnson. Built solid, not a ridiculous athlete but has a very efficient mid range game/driving game.