Marco Coleman New Defensive Line Coach

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
FC2043FA-F393-48EA-808A-3840800D1EDA.jpeg
FC2043FA-F393-48EA-808A-3840800D1EDA.jpeg

Knight moves to DL coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thacker said something (from video interview) that made me think some of the slanting and gap shooting we did with Woody will have some carryover into this year. A positive.
Not sure MC is going to coach olb.

I hope to heck we don't take the whole season to get the basics on the field.
The damn lb that blitz into the slant was still happening late last year.

I think we may play small ball as the d ends come up to speed.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I forgot about Pelton.
As u guys remember I was brutal on pelton for demanding our smaller players not go into a gap until they neutralized their head on blocker. That may have been above his pay grade
I sit 30 feet from d line huddle . Until last year he would only involve the starters. Last year he had significant improvement, but it was too late.

I GUARANTEE in this regime a position coach will not get 3 years to show progress.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not sure MC is going
As u guys remember I was brutal on pelton for demanding our smaller players not go into a gap until they neutralized their head on blocker. That may have been above his pay grade
I sit 30 feet from d line huddle . Until last year he would only involve the starters. Last year he had significant improvement, but it was too late.

I GUARANTEE in this regime a position coach will not get 3 years to show progress.

What’s the guarantee backed by?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got me .
I cant guarante it.

But I heard Attack Attack Attack
And
I am sure it included
immediate POSITIVE results are expected

(Cant tell players there is a line( ATL)for them and not have one for position coaches.)

We should do a thread to see where our assistant coaches have landed.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess I'm a little confused. A little unusual to have a DE/OLB coach and then a DT coach. Why doesn't Coleman coach the DL and Knight coach the linebackers?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Of course the two are not mutually exclusive, and I didn’t say a coach couldn’t be good at both recruiting and coaching. To win big at GT you have to be great at both. At this point, I believe we have some great recruiters, but I’m less convinced of their coaching chops. I hope they turn out to be great at both.

gotta give the coaches one game to show they can coach?:cautious:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I guess I'm a little confused. A little unusual to have a DE/OLB coach and then a DT coach. Why doesn't Coleman coach the DL and Knight coach the linebackers?

I hope we pin this:

One of CGC sub defenses is a Nickel 3-3-5 Odd where the WDE is a standup rusher. So it would make sense that OLBs and DEs are together

I will do a breakdown in a few weeks to provide clarity