Marco Coleman New Defensive Line Coach

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Did he finish his degree at Tech? I remember him being enrolled ~2011. Great guy. He will be a good role model for those who want to go to the NFL as the kids can always come back to finish their degree.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
How is this an upgrade? He has very little coaching experience. I like having the GT alums on staff, but this group was already strong on GT ties and recruiting with some uncertainty when it comes to actual coaching ability. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of this, but the other guy brought a lot of coaching experience, which we could use to go with all of these young recruiters.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
How is this an upgrade? He has very little coaching experience. I like having the GT alums on staff, but this group was already strong on GT ties and recruiting with some uncertainty when it comes to actual coaching ability. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of this, but the other guy brought a lot of coaching experience, which we could use to go with all of these young recruiters.

You took the words right out of my mouth. First thing I thought about as well.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sorry something ain't right here , Panagos is the DL coach has he moved on ? And if not what is Marco Coleman going to coach ?
Yes, Panagos went to Minnesota. This one went down fast. Very unusual to have another school poach a coach right after he was poached from somewhere else.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
People keep saying this staff can recruit, but has 'uncertainty when it comes to coaching ability', as if the two are mutually exclusive. Where is there evidence any of these guys can't coach? All the guys that came from Temple were part of a staff that had good defenses there. One bad bowl game against Duke does not erase two seasons of good defense at Temple. Quit acting like that. The only one I've heard anything specifically said about poor coaching performance was some Florida fans griping about Dixon. Tashard Choice was just nominated for top RB coach in CFB this year. How's that fit the narrative of 'can recruit but can't coach'?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

No one really knows whether it is an upgrade coaching-wise, but I would imagine that he would be a good recruiter with a compelling history (14 years in the NFL, and came back to get his degree). I really think recruiting is the name of the game, so I'm stoked about the hire. I think the fan base will be stoked about it, too. He's pretty much a legend around here. As for experience, you're right to point out that he has little coaching experience but 14 years in the NFL ought to compensate for that. For a coordinator or an HC, experience is a must. But for a position coach, I think experience actually doing the job counts, too. And he coached for a year in the NFL, so he's got his feet wet.

Last edited: