Marco Coleman New Defensive Line Coach

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Marco is a cool, personable guy. I had a class with him my senior year. I don’t believe he’ll have any issues recruiting or coaching especially coming from the financial service world where you to do what’s in the best interest of your client and have to creative in your approach and strategies.

Panagos may have the experience but young people tend to hear the message a little bit better when someone has actually lived it and was successful at where they are trying to go

Marco is a walking “40 yr plan” and checks a lot of CGC boxes

Grad? Check
Played in the NFL? Check
Was he successful in the league? Check
Was he successful outside of football? Check

Looks like a good hire to me

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Collins is pretty agile with staff and seems making this a place where quality people want to be.
Who would be more effective recruiting a 5* DT in his home with his coach, father, and mother watching - Coleman or Pelton?
Wonder who can give better insite on rushing the passer?

This is a great hire.

Great college player, helluva NFL career, great character guy, a walking example of pro success and 40 year plan post football guy, NFL coach. CGC not caught flat footed at all and wasted no time bringing him in. Instant upgrade imo and grand slam.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Choice and Coleman are the two "green" guys on the staff in terms of coaching and recruiting experience. However, they both bring strong experience as players and the background as GT student-athletes from different eras. I can live with that.

From CGC press conference the other day, it sounds like he'll have a very active role in recruiting in year one, hence his decision to bring Temple defensive staff. Loss of Panagos puts a dent in that plan. I have faith that CGC can develop both players AND staff over the next few years. I think the key (no pun intended) for success is staff continuity over the next 3-4 years.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Choice and Coleman are the two "green" guys on the staff in terms of coaching and recruiting experience. However, they both bring strong experience as players and the background as GT student-athletes from different eras. I can live with that.

From CGC press conference the other day, it sounds like he'll have a very active role in recruiting in year one, hence his decision to bring Temple defensive staff. Loss of Panagos puts a dent in that plan. I have faith that CGC can develop both players AND staff over the next few years. I think the key (no pun intended) for success is staff continuity over the next 3-4 years.

And rb and dl are two of the simplest units to coach. Not trying to say anything is easy. But in relativity of coaching football those two are the least complex

TechTwinsMomma

Georgia Tech Fan

I agree. From what I’ve read about Collins and coaching defense, I don’t get what everyone is worried about. Collins will coach both the players and the staff and help turn Coleman into a great coach. I wish people could be positive and not constantly assume the worst. Yes, new is scary, but have some faith.

Who did? I had Dr. Tanner - complete hades. What is funny is that I struggled mightily in his "no partial credit" testing scenario, but I made A's in both of my EE junior level Emag courses.
WOW I remember the name Dr. Tanner, but I don't remember whether I liked it or not, or whether he was any good or not. I majored in Phys, so I possibly had him more than once.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Staff is always fluid everywhere in coaching. CGC seems to be pretty good at reacting to it so far.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
How is this an upgrade? He has very little coaching experience. I like having the GT alums on staff, but this group was already strong on GT ties and recruiting with some uncertainty when it comes to actual coaching ability. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of this, but the other guy brought a lot of coaching experience, which we could use to go with all of these young recruiters.
True, but the coaching experience he does have is in the NFL.