March Madness Group

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
but who wants to log on everyday and see 10 post about how bad the coach is and how our program is not relevant.

And who wants to spend the next November through April completely apathetic, at best, about the basketball program? Who wants to have a coach that is bad or a program that is not relevant? It's infuriating and it makes it all that worse having to be force fed the same old tired "he's a good guy" nonsense and other tired cliches as well as the excuse after excuse for failure that will inevitably come.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And who wants to spend the next November through April completely apathetic, at best, about the basketball program? Who wants to have a coach that is bad or a program that is not relevant? It's infuriating and it makes it all that worse having to be force fed the same old tired "he's a good guy" nonsense and other tired cliches as well as the excuse after excuse for failure that will inevitably come.

We hear you. I think was c62 is saying is that we know all that and, at this point, what's the point of hashing and rehashing it over and over again.

I do, however, agree that the excuse-making is as annoying as the constant complaining.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’ve broken down who still has a chance to win the pool:

If Wisconsin wins Championship: Spring Practice-Monday (whoever that is) wins
If Kentucky wins Championship over Duke: @Jackethawk wins
If Kentucky wins Championship over MSU: @ChasonBaller wins
If Duke wins Championship over Kentucky: @GT22 comes out of nowhere to win
If Duke wins Championship over Wisconsin: @Reality_check wins
If MSU wins Championship over Kentucky: @ChasonBaller wins
If MSU wins Championship over Wisconsin: Spring Practice-Monday

If we have a Kentucky-Michigan State matchup, @ChasonBaller will win no matter what.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll take the St. John's and Charlotte bet. Charlotte might have a chance, maybe. If St. John's loses its top 6 as expected they aren't even going to come close to sniffing a .500 record.

Reality_check

Georgia Tech Fan

If we have a Kentucky-Michigan State matchup, @ChasonBaller will win no matter what.
It's looking good for chasonballer

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Makes up for the loss last year.
Looking forward to the game Monday. The two best teams from the two best conferences.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will say this. I was impressed by KY. They play very good defense and have some impressive players. Andrew Harrison in the first half was fantastic - made multiple mid range jumpers.
Towns has a nice game, but they didn't try to go to him enough. KY defense from the 15 min mark to the 5 min mark was fantastic - but WI defense from the 5 min mark to the end of the game was better. Forcing 3 shot clock violations down 4 was so impressive.

Reality_check

Georgia Tech Fan
I will say this. I was impressed by KY. They play very good defense and have some impressive players. Andrew Harrison in the first half was fantastic - made multiple mid range jumpers.
Towns has a nice game, but they didn't try to go to him enough. KY defense from the 15 min mark to the 5 min mark was fantastic - but WI defense from the 5 min mark to the end of the game was better. Forcing 3 shot clock violations down 4 was so impressive.

I really like Dekker, he's so mentally tough!
Frank the tank reminds me of dirk...
Kentucky with no natl championships in the last two years. Maybe coach Cal should have watched some game film, he bragged that he didn't watch game film of Wisconsin with his team...,

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Have a lot of respect for that Wisconsin program. They don't get a lot of McDonald's AAs and blue chip recruits, but they consistently win a lot of games. Use to make fun of that plodding offense of theirs, but damn if I don't like how they develop their big guys to play inside and out. Starting to think Bo Ryan is the CPJ of college basketball. Not a sexy offense if you're a casual basketball fan, but the more you learn about it, and see how the get the most out of their players, you can see the similarities between CPJ's offense and Wisconsin basketball.

I like Calipari, but holy smokes he should be wiping the floor with the other teams. That's a TON of talent he's had the last two seasons, and he lost the last games to teams that had far less talent. If there was any team that could match Kentucky's length in the starting 5, it was Wisconsin. Bo Ryan coached circles around Calipari tonight.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
An interesting fact: Kentucky hit one FG in the last 6:30 of the game and was outscored 15-4. The Badgers have had tremendous success at finishing games this year, and last night was no exception.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
WI current points per possession is the highest in the history of the KenPom model and went up after playing KY vaunted defense last night. So WI arguably has the best offense of all time in college basketball this season. incredibly efficient and hard to guard. In the 20 min of the 2nd half against AZ and first half against UK WI ppp was an insane 1.62 - against 2 of the top 5 defenses in the country.

Ryan was a coaching legend in WI before he got the WI job. Had 4 National Championship teams (including 2 undefeated teams) at Div III UW-Plattville. The man can flat out coach.

Calipari expressed it well - we shot 60% from three, 90% from the line, 48% from the field, and had 6 TO - and we lost. What does that say about how WI played.
Ky played really well. WI played better.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

If we have a Kentucky-Michigan State matchup, @ChasonBaller will win no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I'm Spring Practice! Go Wiscy !

Reality_check

Georgia Tech Fan

I'm Spring Practice! Go Wiscy ![/QUOTE]
I'm realitycheck.... Go Duke and ACC