March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Somewhat ironic that Hagins shot to send to overtime came from the bracket logo on the floor, since it caused so many brackets to likely blow up.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Committee really stuck it to Seton Hall. Matched them up against a team close to them according to KenPom, sent them to play in the altitude of Denver and the game wound up starting after 11PM ET. They looked awful.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After a tight first half Syracuse laid it on Dayton.
This likely won't last but Middle TN State opened the game on a 15-2 run vs Mich St. It currently 17-7.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Archie Miller obviously can't coach a lick. His team can't even make layups. He's best served to move on to a lower tier ACC squad with a lot of promise if he wants to sell high.

Another $100K to GT's coffers.

:whistle:

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
After a tight first half Syracuse laid it on Dayton.
This likely won't last but Middle TN State opened the game on a 15-2 run vs Mich St. It currently 17-7.
MTSU still up by 6 at half. That would bust my bracket.
Hawaii beating Cal. I wish I'd noticed the news about their leading scorer being out when picking.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
MTSU looks like they belong and like the 1st half wasn't a fluke. We'll see 2nd half.

Jaylen Brown just fouled out. Hawaii should pull this out. I would have still picked Cal 1st round in this pool even after the injury announcement. In my lone upset pool I had Hawaii before the injury announcement. Have Hawaii over South Dakota State in the round of 32 in that one.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
MTSU looks like they belong and like the 1st half wasn't a fluke. We'll see 2nd half.

Jaylen Brown just fouled out. Hawaii should pull this out. I would have still picked Cal 1st round in this pool even after the injury announcement. In my lone upset pool I had Hawaii before the injury announcement. Have Hawaii over South Dakota State in the round of 32 in that one.

Hawaii players with a lot of fouls and Jaylen brown fouling out probably helps them...he had 1 rebound 7 turnovers and 4 points

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Remember when charles barkley said the Pac-12 was gonna surprise some people... guess he meant surprise us with how quickly all of their teams fell out of the tournament... now is the time to bet on the first 16 vs 1 seed upset.

also... is this about to be the worst tournament for Izzo ever?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well you could tell the Pac12 was a bust from looking at their road records alone. I wanted to have Oregon losing in the 2nd round but it’s impossible to take that pick because you never know who’s going to win between the 8 or 9 seed so it’s easier just to advance the 1 seeds to the Sweet 16 every time.

Also, if MTSU pulls this out I’m shredding my bracket and going down to campus and partying with everyone there.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well you could tell the Pac12 was a bust from looking at their road records alone. I wanted to have Oregon losing in the 2nd round but it’s impossible to take that pick because you never know who’s going to win between the 8 or 9 seed so it’s easier just to advance the 1 seeds to the Sweet 16 every time.

Also, if MTSU pulls this out I’m shredding my bracket and going down to campus and partying with everyone there.

Have fun. I knew this was coming when they knocked off the 49ers in CUSA tourney.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that certainly helps Syracuse GT's bank account. MTSU actually looked like they belong today. Almost as big of an upset as Mizzou/Norfolk State in 2012.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
South Carolina/Coppin St was huuuuuuge at the time. SCE had some players that year. BJ McKie, Melvin Watson and another really good player I forget.