Featured Member
How will Duke do today?
In 2012 #2 seed Duke lost to #15 seed Leheigh
In 2014 #3 seed Duke lost to #14 seed Mercer
Will 2016 be a bad even year for Duke?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

In just under 3 hours my bracket will start looking ugly... death, taxes, CuseJacket's 8/9 selections are wrong

I'm surprised only 7 out of 32 in our group picked Kansas. I almost picked someone else thinking most would go Rock Chalk.
  • 9 for UNC
  • 9 for Mich St.
  • 7 for Kansas
  • 5 for UVA
  • 1 Villanova - @DuckGT
  • 1 Xavier - @Youngjacket

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think there is a good case to be made for UNC and Mich. State, but I was one of the KU people. I thought the bracket was very easy in the first round, with only a couple of games I worried about, but the rest of it has the potential for chaos. Of course, as I check the scores right now, Duke is down at the half to UNCW.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Two teams I'll always hesitate to trust in the tourney are KU and Villanova.

ETA: Also, whoever picked Cal is probably pissed at Martin right now. Just announced their starting PG will miss the tourney with broken hand. Their leading scorer, btw.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Two teams I'll always hesitate to trust in the tourney are KU and Villanova.

ETA: Also, whoever picked Cal is probably pissed at Martin right now. Just announced their starting PG will miss the tourney with broken hand. Their leading scorer, btw.
Saw it and forgot to update this bracket. At least I did it in my $ pools. Thanks for making my heart skip a beat though.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Saw it and forgot to update this bracket. At least I did it in my $ pools. Thanks for making my heart skip a beat though.

Glad I was able to make your heart skip a beat, CJ. :love:

I picked Cal to get out of the 1st round, lose to MD so hopefully Brown and his mates can get it together ... but not too together.

ETA: Also, poor UNCW. If this gamecast I'm looking at is any indication, they've run into the patented 2nd half Duke foul attack whereby the refs assume any stern look in a Blue Devil player's direction warrants a whistle.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I actually thought it was fairly officiated. The commentators, especially Len Elmore, were half-openly cheering for Wilmington. I could have gone tit-for-tat with them while they mostly highlighted slights toward the Seahawks.

Duke winning means another $100K toward GT's buyout fund athletics P&L :whistle:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I actually thought it was fairly officiated. The commentators, especially Len Elmore, were half-openly cheering for Wilmington. I could have gone tit-for-tat with them while they mostly highlighted slights toward the Seahawks.

Duke winning means another $100K toward GT's buyout fund athletics P&L :whistle:

That last blocking foul against unc-w (wilmington guy fouled out) was crap, imo. I thought it was a pretty classic charge and was glad that Elmore called it.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That last blocking foul against unc-w (wilmington guy fouled out) was crap, imo. I thought it was a pretty classic charge and was glad that Elmore called it.
And Marshall Plumlee's 5th foul was a Wilmington player pulling on his arm.

Like I said, I can go tit for tat. Chris Webber (I'm assuming that's who the 3rd guy was) was the only one to acknowledge it.