Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Those wedges / spikes / stingers in the font ARE the Tech Tower, no? Representative of the tower at a horizontal angle?
I guess if you squint and hold your tongue just right...I've worked around designers my entire life...they always have a design rationale that backs up whatever design they are pushing, but more often than not, it is written AFTER they actually come up with something they like (I've actually written a few myself even though I'm not a designer)...to sell the client on why it is perfect. I mean, really, who wouldn't go "oh, you used our tower - great. We like that one, then because it has special meaning" - at least that is the thought. I find it a bit of a stretch, and I'm all about cool traditions and meaning behind design. Oh, they don't say it is the tower, they say "The iconic Tech Tower letters" I think it is half the tower, horizontally. :)
upload_2018-4-20_12-2-1.png

But, whatever. It's fine. I'm happy they are being consistent and projecting a new look/color/rules. Not complaining!

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, at this point, I am still more concerned with uni design.

Based on the yard marker fonts on the field (if those are any indication), I probably will not like the new uni design.

But that is life.

Only thing I know is if we are to sell more tickets and recruit better, we need to start beating ugag a Lot more.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury killing it. Can someone explain why we have a Tech Gold and a Tech Gold (Metallic) though? I thought that's what we were trying to get away from.

Lol. Maybe. As for alternate unis.....I don’t mind what they do....as long as there is no red, black, or silver in it.
I understand your dislike for black, but I actually like it. It was the trim on the uniforms from at least the mid-50s to the early 80s, and of course Buzz is (and apparently will continue to be) gold (yellow actually) and black, although the buzz logo will be blue, not black. And I also remember the black watch unis from Curry's days, and those were SHARP looking unis.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I understand your dislike for black, but I actually like it. It was the trim on the uniforms from at least the mid-50s to the early 80s, and of course Buzz is (and apparently will continue to be) gold (yellow actually) and black, although the buzz logo will be blue, not black. And I also remember the black watch unis from Curry's days, and those were SHARP looking unis.

Yes I should have typed red AND black.

I’d be ok with a 80s throwback as an alternate.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury killing it. Can someone explain why we have a Tech Gold and a Tech Gold (Metallic) though? I thought that's what we were trying to get away from.

Metallic is a direct match the wreck. Non metallic is as close as you really are going to get in print. ( the version you see of the metallic is not what it actually looks like in person)