Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech Gold = Pantone 4515C (C:13 M:19 Y:62 K:28 | R:179 G:163 B:105)

Tech Gold (Metallic) = Pantone 8383C

Blue = Pantone 540C (C:100 M:57 Y:12 K:66 | R:0 G:48 B:87)

White = White (RGB: 255/255/255)

Time to update the site template! ;)

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Heh, the CMYK (#a09546) and RGB (#b3a369) numbers don't produce the same color. #greatjob

FWIW, the RGB is much closer to the Pantone 4515C hash of #B5A369.

The CMYK looks like it has more green in it, at least on my monitor.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I like 98% of this. Good job GTAA. As others mentioned, I care more about consistency than whatever it is on its own. Good start.

On the 2%, I like the idea of the Tech Tower font. Only minor gripe would be those 45 degree marks in the letters G, R, H, etc. Are those actually part of the Tech Tower font? I could be off on that. I'm not a marketing guy... just seems like a little bit of overthinking.

And am I the only one that shivered just a wee bit when looking at the woodmarks? ;)

upload_2018-4-20_9-54-10.png

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I like 98% of this. Good job GTAA. As others mentioned, I care more about consistency than whatever it is on its own. Good start.

On the 2%, I like the idea of the Tech Tower font. Only minor gripe would be those 45 degree marks in the letters G, R, H, etc. Are those actually part of the Tech Tower font? I could be off on that. I'm not a marketing guy... just seems like a little bit of overthinking.

And am I the only one that shivered just a wee bit when looking at the woodmarks? ;)

View attachment 3496
I'm not crazy about the 45 degree thing either, but whatever...just be consistent.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not crazy about the 45 degree thing either, but whatever...just be consistent.

Looking at the proposed shirts on the unveil page, it looks like those 45 degrees are supposed to reflect a modern “stinger” aesthetic that I can imagine we’ll see on some uniforms.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
The official Pantone hash is #b3a369, so I had a bad source above. The official CMYK doesn't come out quite right, but HTML wants RGB anyway.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Great job by GTAA, really cool combo of our history/tradition and a look toward the future with the font. Just need to stay consistent with it now. Keep the branding for 10 years, don't change the uniforms too much (alternates are fine but primary uniforms should stay the same from this year onward), and I think we'll be in a great spot. Looks nearly identical to the gold on the Wreck which is perfect.

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
They killed it! Love the rebrand. This is a turning point for GT football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I guess I must be getting old because I don't see a whole lot of difference in the color or design besides the 45 degree cuts.
And of course the one huge difference ... the adidas logo.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Great job by Stansbury. This should have been done a long time ago. Good to see Tech coming to the realization that they have an amazing product, that has such a rich tradition and history, that it screams out for a professional marketing campaign with all the bells and whistles. With our forthcoming production studio capability, the addition of a well crafted media campaign to supplement this branding offers untold revenue opportunities for the institution. I think Stansbury understands the untapped gold mine he has inherited. I look forward to his leadership in the years ahead.

Go Jackets!

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

View attachment 3496

I was about the post the same thing about Russell lol

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
This is really good, not to be any better than what it is!

Seriously, I like it; now the next step is to enforce it and keep it consistent so it becomes instantly recognizable as GT. This will take time and like some have said, should have been done 20 years ago.