Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So there are a ton of other companies that are licensed to sell merchandise with our logo on it. I assume we will require them to adhere to all of these new branding requirements (or at least I hope). I'm wondering how long it will take to shuffle all of that old stuff out.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
Fail. Again. The tweet comes out at 8am but go to ramblinwreck and ..... nothing. May be updated by now but it wasn’t at 8:15. If you say you will have a major announcement you need to make sure all channels are in synch with your msg. Marketing 101.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How close is Tech Gold to FIU gold? Blue pants look great by the way
194E4392-5AA8-49E1-95B6-3352E553B8CD.jpeg

86AEA10B-8248-4579-A6BC-8E1600C16029.jpeg

64592024-FFCD-4DE3-83FE-5416648F3EEF.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

Of course right when you go to the Ramblin' Wreck store from that page you get this...a bunch of apparel that doesn't match the branding, lol.

I know it takes time, it's just kind of funny.

View attachment 3483

If you write them a check for $1 million, they might throw all the existing merchandise away. Otherwise yeah, its going to be there for awhile. :D

This topic NEEDS ITS OWN THREAD. It needs a front page article on the Swarm. This is a BFD. Its more than uniforms. Its Tech Gold. Its branding.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You guys will literally complain about anything.
Yeah I know...it does sound like we're just whining, but having worked closely with groups that brand and market software solutions I know what all goes into making sure you are consistent in all of this material. When you make an announcement like this and launch new branding you need to be consistent everywhere...not just on one new page that you launch with a video.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The actual date they can sell more Adidas merchandise is July. They can sell limited amounts until then.

I guess I like the gold chosen - it is definitely closer to what our traditional color is supposed to be, as compared to "vegas gold" or some of the mustard versions in the last few years. It is not for everybody, but it is unique to GT, and GT is unique.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
** Old man, get off my lawn alert!! **

I don't like any of it. Gold is too light and the font is horrible. Looks like some attempt to look more modern that will look out of place in two or three years. The three t-shirt options are bad and if that is what the stripes on the uniform will look like, I'm very disappointed. Why not go for a more New Orleans Saints/Notre Dame darker gold that is more in line with our historic uniforms? The blue seems to have more of a "royal blue" tint than a "navy blue" tint.

#sad

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
** Old man, get off my lawn alert!! **

I don't like any of it. Gold is too light and the font is horrible. Looks like some attempt to look more modern that will look out of place in two or three years. The three t-shirt options are bad and if that is what the stripes on the uniform will look like, I'm very disappointed. Why not go for a more New Orleans Saints/Notre Dame darker gold that is more in line with our historic uniforms? The blue seems to have more of a "royal blue" tint than a "navy blue" tint.

#sad

I like options 2 and 3.