Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

Mark Bradley repeats his picks of 1990 and 2004 and predicts Tech will be in the Final Four.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
4A77AD04-349C-4E1B-8168-D3368F156C6A.jpeg

My typical annual bet. Not the $10 to win $15,000.00 like I years past, but this time we’re dancing, so the tix is ALIVE! Can’t wait for the April 5 dilemma of the hedge issue - but I’d never do it! I’ll see it through - no bad mojo here.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
three callouts:

1. Very tough draw for us - not gonna sugarcoat it. But its the big dance, there arent many "easy" draws. We gotta show up and beat whoever they put in front of us

2. I think our game is has one of the lowest point totals of the first round - its going to be a slow, grind it out type of game, each possession and basket will be high value.

3. Any idea when they are announcing the tip-off times? I forgot to take Friday off and now I'm scrambling to get a schedule block on my calendar! ;)

Loved what was said on “Nothing But Net” on ACCN this evening: if Tech makes a run in this tournament, the nation’s gonna fall in love with Jose Alvarado.
A pre-game assessment about last night's game that I read yesterday morning said that Tech is going to steal the "hearts of the nation". Jose obviously would be the main reason for that.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Mark Bradley repeats his picks of 1990 and 2004 and predicts Tech will be in the Final Four.

can anyone give a brief summary of what he had to say? I would not pay one shiny plug nickel to read what bark madly has to say In the Atlanta urinal and constipation.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
If tech can beat Loyola I like their chances VS Illinois tbh. Ayo is unbelievable but his 1 bugaboo that has killed his draft stock are turnovers avg over 3 a game. I don’t think he’s that good a ball handler.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
If tech can beat Loyola I like their chances VS Illinois tbh. Ayo is unbelievable but his 1 bugaboo that has killed his draft stock are turnovers avg over 3 a game. I don’t think he’s that good a ball handler.
Ayo is a fantastic finisher at the rim. Curbelo is their best passer, but he can become very turnover prone.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
can anyone give a brief summary of what he had to say? I would not pay one shiny plug nickel to read what bark madly has to say In the Atlanta urinal and constipation.
You can open the page in incognito mode or private browsing and get past the paywall.

Basically throws shade on the Big (overrated) 10 overseeding. Says we are a better seed than a 9; then picks up for a final four against Gonzaga and the other 2 seeds.
Thinks we have the hardest regional, but and I quote “I’m not sure anyone has a Jose Alvarado”.

Man do I want to make some noise and advance through the first two rounds. Anything else is luck and gravy but I think we got a shot.

Let’s go!!!!

You can open the page in incognito mode or private browsing and get past the paywall.

Basically throws shade on the Big (overrated) 10 overseeding. Says we are a better seed than a 9; then picks up for a final four against Gonzaga and the other 2 seeds.
Thinks we have the hardest regional, but and I quote “I’m not sure anyone has a Jose Alvarado”.

Man do I want to make some noise and advance through the first two rounds. Anything else is luck and gravy but I think we got a shot.

Let’s go!!!!
Please tell me how to do that (specifics) so I can share it with others using that technique. I have a subscription myself, but I try to share the good articles with others who don't.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
In Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

On iPhone:

Then just copy the link into the search bar and voila

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Let’s go!!!!

thanks big-time, Midtown, that's the first I can remember Madly had anything go to print without a big fat backhanded compliment. Sounds like it was quite complementary.