Loyola Chicago (8) vs. Georgia Tech (9), Friday, 4pm ET, TBS

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I checked tickets and Im not sure if they havent been relased yet or what, but there are only two sections available so far. Prices are gouged.View attachment 10131

Are those weekend passes for all the games? I can't imagine it's just one game.

For that price, I'm getting wings, sliders, some good bourbon, and ice cream in the cozy confines of my mancave.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Are those weekend passes for all the games? I can't imagine it's just one game.

For that price, I'm getting wings, sliders, some good bourbon, and ice cream in the cozy confines of my mancave.
No sir, that is for the 4 pm game, Friday at Hinkle Fieldhouse

I imagine the tix will be 2-3k for the Illinois game.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a weird, scary match up for us. We can’t think we will get by. Plus, Illinois is a bad match up for us, too.

why can’t we have nice things? I mean. Come on.

vadimivich

Georgia Tech Fan
Whoever faces Illinois and kofi cockburn gets in foul trouble then Illinois will lose.

My Viennese dude Giorgi Bezhanishvili that backs-up / starts alongside Kofi is very good actually, the depth at the C position that Illinois has is something else. They go smaller with Giorgi in the game as the lone big and let their guards really cook.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Sister Jean's best player in an unathletic rec league dad bod Center. I hope Moses puts him on a poster.

Krutwig is a hell of a player. He has great understanding of the game and how to use his bulk to his advantage. He's got great post moves (aided by a hook that is rarely called) and good anticipation. Don't sleep on him. I do think Moses will have success, but Krutwig will be crafty on defense and make it hard. IMO the biggest problem he'll have is he if he is forced to try and help out the guards in defending ours his athleticism will probably hurt in trying to recover.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to get my taxes done at 6:00 on Friday, so I hope we have this game in hand before I leave the house; otherwise, my tax preparer may need to wait.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here is Loyola-Chicago's NET Team Sheet

This is a program and a team that is not to be feared, but should be respected. Four straight 20+ win seasons (97 wins in the last 4 years). I do not expect this to be an easy game. I am expecting a low scoring, grind it out kind of game. This is a team that will be very confident.

Loyola is a very good ballhandling team, they don't turn it over much and as a team they have a 1.3:1 A/TO ratio.

Krutwig is not a great athlete but he is incredibly smart and has great hands.

They are a good but not great 3-pt shooting team. Mainly they look to score at the rim using their 5-out offense to create open cuts and runs to the basket.

Defensively they play a very tight m2m and seldom get called for fouls.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Krutwig on defense. He is going to be a liability in pick and roll type situations. I wonder if they will try to to use Uguak in those more and try to put him away from it. If they do that then we need to bring Usher and Moore as cutters from the wings.

Deleted member 2897

Here is Loyola-Chicago's NET Team Sheet

This is a program and a team that is not to be feared, but should be respected. Four straight 20+ win seasons (97 wins in the last 4 years). I do not expect this to be an easy game. I am expecting a low scoring, grind it out kind of game. This is a team that will be very confident.

Loyola is a very good ballhandling team, they don't turn it over much and as a team they have a 1.3:1 A/TO ratio.

Krutwig is not a great athlete but he is incredibly smart and has great hands.

They are a good but not great 3-pt shooting team. Mainly they look to score at the rim using their 5-out offense to create open cuts and runs to the basket.

Defensively they play a very tight m2m and seldom get called for fouls.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Krutwig on defense. He is going to be a liability in pick and roll type situations. I wonder if they will try to to use Uguak in those more and try to put him away from it. If they do that then we need to bring Usher and Moore as cutters from the wings.

Yea given everything, we should win, but we’re the underdog. We could lose by 15 if they hit their shots and we draw refs who call a lot of fouls. It’s a 1 game series - anything can happen. I trust our coaches to have a good game plan.

Illinois has 6 losses. They’ve lost to some bad teams and several times barely beat bad teams. They are not like a Gonzaga or Baylor. Whoever wins our first game can beat Illinois. It won’t be easy and we’d be underdogs again, but I don’t think they’re as talented as Florida State.

Deleted member 2897

Imagine being Loyola. Top 10 ranking in models like NET and KenPom. You’re expecting a 2 seed or maybe 3 seed. Then you get an 8! AND, you have to play the ACC Champion in Round 1. WTF? Then, if you win, you have to play the Big Ten Champion in Round 2. WTF??? Stupid.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
My Viennese dude Giorgi Bezhanishvili that backs-up / starts alongside Kofi is very good actually, the depth at the C position that Illinois has is something else. They go smaller with Giorgi in the game as the lone big and let their guards really cook.
Before yesterday he’s actually been pretty bad. He’s terrible on defense and prone to a lot of mistakes.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Krutwig is a hell of a player. He has great understanding of the game and how to use his bulk to his advantage. He's got great post moves (aided by a hook that is rarely called) and good anticipation. Don't sleep on him. I do think Moses will have success, but Krutwig will be crafty on defense and make it hard. IMO the biggest problem he'll have is he if he is forced to try and help out the guards in defending ours his athleticism will probably hurt in trying to recover.
There are some Illinois insiders that believe Krutwig might grad transfer to Illinois this offseason

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
When playing Illinois, you have to send everyone at Kofi when he gets the ball. He has 4 assists on the whole season!