Line opens at Tech +29 for COFH

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Biggest issue for us will be our O staying on the field to give our D a breather and shortening the game. would probably be best to run more options this game as their d line is tough to block and would put them on their heels. For the D, they cannot lose contain against Swift, infact we will need our best tackling game to date.
Do you think Swift will get much playing time? From what a couple vloggers have said, Swift is carrying the entire UGA offense on his back right now. Herrien is good, but Deandre Swift is at another level. I think it was Josh Pate who recently said on "The Late Kick" that the entire UGA team is banged up right now. Really banged up. A lot of guys are playing hurt and trying to hold it together for LSU and beyond. They can't hurt their starters in the game against us because they need them against LSU. If anything happened to Swift in the Tech game, there's probably no way they could overcome that heading into the SECCG.

They're actually pretty relieved they don't have to play against the option anymore! In the words of a vlogger close to their program, it'll be much easier for them to beat us with our "normal offense". Too bad we can't just segue back into the spread option for this week!

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you think Swift will get much playing time? From what a couple vloggers have said, Swift is carrying the entire UGA offense on his back right now. Herrien is good, but Deandre Swift is at another level. I think it was Josh Pate who recently said on "The Late Kick" that the entire UGA team is banged up right now. Really banged up. A lot of guys are playing hurt and trying to hold it together for LSU and beyond. They can't hurt their starters in the game against us because they need them against LSU. If anything happened to Swift in the Tech game, there's probably no way they could overcome that heading into the SECCG.

They're actually pretty relieved they don't have to play against the option anymore! In the words of a vlogger close to their program, it'll be much easier for them to beat us with our "normal offense". Too bad we can't just segue back into the spread option for this week!

I think he will get 75% of the carries unless they get up 3 scores, then they will rest him.

Im sure they are, we used to cost them lots of preparation time as well as disrupt their defensive habbits and momentum. Throwing in more RPO's, read, lead, speed options and inverted veer might surprise them a bit. i dont feel we can run inside zone or power against them. I feel option plays would give us the best chance of moving the ball, especially if they are looking ahead to LSU's passing attack.

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
This is going to be another episode of the dawgs whooping Tech, lets be realistic here. 2012 all over again. 49-7, UGA will put in the scrubs towards the end. It is what it is.

2012?? .... How about 2018, they could have easily scored 50 on us had Kirby left the starters in.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Weirdly enough, we have a better chance with a spread offense and throwing. I don’t know if you guys have watched ugag this year, but they are stout against the run. Like maybe top 3 in the country good against the run. they gave up their first rushing td vs Auburn. That’s crazy good run D.
Texas A&M totally abandoned the run in the second half and started moving the ball.
We may have to throw it more than we want to this week

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Weirdly enough, we have a better chance with a spread offense and throwing. I don’t know if you guys have watched ugag this year, but they are stout against the run. Like maybe top 3 in the country good against the run. they gave up their first rushing td vs Auburn. That’s crazy good run D.
Texas A&M totally abandoned the run in the second half and started moving the ball.
We may have to throw it more than we want to this week
Uga defense gives up an avg of less than 11 points a game our offense scores an avg of 17.5 point per game. Not sure there is anything we can do on offense.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Uga defense gives up an avg of less than 11 points a game our offense scores an avg of 17.5 point per game. Not sure there is anything we can do on offense.
Haha yeah I’m not trying to say we are going to win, but to even move the ball, we may need to throw it 40 times. I don’t see us running against them.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Haha yeah I’m not trying to say we are going to win, but to even move the ball, we may need to throw it 40 times. I don’t see us running against them.
With our pass blocking we will need a new QB next year they would kill poor Graham.
Use all the clock before the snap punt and try to keep them under 45.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
With our pass blocking we will need a new QB next year they would kill poor Graham.
Use all the clock before the snap punt and try to keep them under 45.
I've got a feeling this is the game where Graham gets hurt in the pocket and Yates gets to come in and get some meaningful snaps.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I've got a feeling this is the game where Graham gets hurt in the pocket and Yates gets to come in and get some meaningful snaps.
I hope not , don't want anyone hurt.

But I would be ok if the uga team got food poisoning and their bus broke down. Maybe they will forfeit the game to us and just get ready for LSU

Last edited:

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Who wants to give an over-under on 3 and outs? A bottom 5 offense against a top 5 defense is not a recipe for a happy day...

Well we were shut out and over matched against VT. We had 8 total 3 and outs (3 downs and a punt) in that game. I would put the line at 8.5. Depends on how fast UGA moves down the field.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hope not , don't want anyone hurt.

But I would be ok if the uga team got food poisoning and their bus broke down. Maybe they will forfeit the game to us and just get ready for LSU
I hope not either but there seemed to be a huge number of lookout blocks this season and the dwags could come out for blood in the first quarter to make a statement to the playoff committee.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as UGA wins the GT game by 1 point it is meaningless to them or the playoff committee. Win against LSU and they make the playoff. Lose either game and have fun in a non-playoff NY6 bowl game.

Jacketsfan99

Georgia Tech Fan
Wisconsin were 30 point favorites against Illinois. Tennessee were 25 point favorites to Georgia State. Georgia were 21 point favorites to USCe. GT were 27 point favorites to El Cid. App State beat Michigan without a spread even being published. Crazy things happen in college football. Really hope it happens on Grant Field this Saturday.
Whatever happens Saturday against the Dawgs, I think it's great how the seniors have responded to the coaching/system/culture change. We could be looking forward to them being gone and wishing for the young guys to take over ; but I don't think that's the case at all

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think Kirby gets 3 more years, if he can't win a national championship with Tua, Trevor, and Justin Fields all leaving their schools, then I doubt the fanbase will be happy about it.
I know McGarity and he is Smart enough not to fire Kirby regardless of his fan base as long as they are winning their division.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk