Line opens at Tech +29 for COFH

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Would it be immature to hope that a nasty norovirus dines with the Dwags at their Thanksgiving Day meal?

LOL, my son and I were debating whether the norovirus or food poisoning were worse yesterday. I think food poisoning (had it 3 times) over noro (had it twice). Each occasion was memorable. So I consider food poisoning a viable alternate.

As to the score, a VT 45-0 type score remains a possibility. While we have a chance to win, we probably have an equivalent chance to lose by more than 58. I think the UGAg score will be limited since they have to play LSU and don't want to unnecessarily risk injuries to key players.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think this will be similar to the 2oo9 (?) game when they had subpar QB play (not that Fromm is) and their gameplan was to line up and give the ball to their tailbacks who proceeded to average over 9 ypc. I still cannot recall ever seeing that happen before in any game.The Uga offense has looked rather pedestrain in the 2 games I saw (SC and Texas A & M). They don't have the great receivers they usually do and lack the depth they normally have at RB. But it won't matter. We will be all in on run support so I suspect the few balls they throw will be chunk plays. When the backs are not getting touched until well past the LOS I don't think we can force tunovers. I see a 45 - 10 game. I don't think they play the starters much in the second half but we will be worn down so much it won't matter.

No matter what, I will still watch and root for the Jackets. This is why they play the games. Of course i will pck Gt in the prediction contest!! But don't ask me to wager on my pick.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Can't help but love our guys. Collins is doing something right.

THWFG

Took him long enough to figure out what his opponents knew every game day starting at Clemson. And if Graham starts slowly Collins will try somebody else, and then somebody else, and afterward play the culture card by saying he just loves them all to death. I am interested in the NC championship ratings this week to see what cartwheels the committee has to do to keep the SEC up there. Clemson beat A&M and they say A&M is not that good. Alabama beat A&M and Alabama "looked good." Georgia sneaks past A&M and suddenly Fisher has built a powerhouse. I think the poster who put some hope in Georgia sitting some people early because of the SEC championship game is on to something. But if we can't beat them, and we can't, maybe we can play them close enough to keep their starters at work all day, but I wish I had more hope.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The talent gap between the two teams has been growing since about 2008, IMO. With their supercharged budget and " resources " , the gap is as large as I can remember in my lifetime. They will put us out of our misery by halftime say 31-3, and will play backups. We will get a TD against their backups. Final 44-10 DWAGS.............better times are coming, though.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Coach Collins needs to win this game to bring the fans back for the 2020 season.

Hey Coach...didn't you say juice builds juice.... Let's start building that juice!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
They can only run the ball, we can't stop the run. Makes up for a long day.

I just hope we let our running game carry us to a reasonable score.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think kirby has to balance seeming as strong as possible to the Playoff Committee, being a one loss team in the Top 4, with staying healthy for the LSU game. That said, their Oline is huge and will run at will and give Fromm time enough to a few turkey sandwichs and pass for at least two TD's. I don't see us scoring more than two FG's. This will be extremely ugly.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
The talent gap between the two teams has been growing since about 2008, IMO. With their supercharged budget and " resources " , the gap is as large as I can remember in my lifetime. They will put us out of our misery by halftime say 31-3, and will play backups. We will get a TD against their backups. Final 44-10 DWAGS.............better times are coming, though.
They seem to have thrown down the gauntlet. There's a spending arms race going on throughout college football, and UGA has long viewed itself as a premiere program that "deserves" a national championship. There's a lot of embarrassment within UGA circles that they haven't won since '80 -- not just in Athens, but all over the state where you have prominent UGA alumni. They've pulled out all the stops to get it done.

With the close calls Georgia has had in recent years, I feel that if they don't get it done this year, they may never have a shot at a title for a long time. Kirby Smart was brought in to do one thing, to win a title and not just to have 10 or 11-win seasons. They were already doing that with Coach Richt. I'd always felt if they hadn't run CMR out of town, they eventually would have had their national championship... and he would have retired a legend there. Coach Smart is one of the best recruiters in college football right now, but Coach Richt and his staff were nearly every bit as good. Both coaches have/had difficulty coaching up the talent on their rosters. Historically, a lot of talent gets wasted at UGA. But in one significant area, Coach Richt was much better than Kirby Smart: evaluating and coaching QBs.

Right now, the news is about the success Justin Fields is having up at Ohio State. This fact isn't lost on the UGA fan base at all. Some are actually angry, not just at UGA for letting Fields go, but the fact that UGA couldn't develop his potential the way OSU could. What's not being talked about much is the quiet success Jacon Eason is having out in Washington. The Huskies are only 6-5, but Eason is putting together some decent performances. Coach Richt had a knack for mentoring QBs. He developed Stafford into a QB who'd eventually become a longtime NFL starter. Then he mentored Aaron Murray, who probably outperformed his natural gifts. I think Jacob Eason would have been his prize pupil, but he never got to coach him for one down. Eason likely would have started four years at Georgia, barring serious injury. With their running game, coupled with a pure passing threat, they would have been unstoppable. I'm glad Tech never had to face a Richt-coached Eason!

It feels a lot like '81 right now, a time when Tech was inconsequential and UGA seemed unstoppable. But then '84 happened. Georgia was heavily favored coming into that game and ended up getting blown out. Georgia will be beatable again in a few years. If Tech can keep them under 30 points this Saturday and score a touchdown or two, that would be almost as good as a victory.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not sure GT scores a TD against this Defense. However, it can limit Fromm as he has bee struggling lately and the #1 WR (Cager) is still pretty banged up. I expect him to be rested for the SECCG. The run will be tought o stop, but I still see a 28-0ish score. Maybe sprinkle in a few FGs as well...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Fromm has been struggling a bit, but I think Kirby's game plan will be to line it up and shuff it down our throat ... are hope would be for a bad day for UGAG stopping themselves with penalties and turnovers.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
They seem to have thrown down the gauntlet. There's a spending arms race going on throughout college football, and UGA has long viewed itself as a premiere program that "deserves" a national championship. There's a lot of embarrassment within UGA circles that they haven't won since '80 -- not just in Athens, but all over the state where you have prominent UGA alumni. They've pulled out all the stops to get it done.

With the close calls Georgia has had in recent years, I feel that if they don't get it done this year, they may never have a shot at a title for a long time. Kirby Smart was brought in to do one thing, to win a title and not just to have 10 or 11-win seasons. They were already doing that with Coach Richt. I'd always felt if they hadn't run CMR out of town, they eventually would have had their national championship... and he would have retired a legend there. Coach Smart is one of the best recruiters in college football right now, but Coach Richt and his staff were nearly every bit as good. Both coaches have/had difficulty coaching up the talent on their rosters. Historically, a lot of talent gets wasted at UGA. But in one significant area, Coach Richt was much better than Kirby Smart: evaluating and coaching QBs.

Right now, the news is about the success Justin Fields is having up at Ohio State. This fact isn't lost on the UGA fan base at all. Some are actually angry, not just at UGA for letting Fields go, but the fact that UGA couldn't develop his potential the way OSU could. What's not being talked about much is the quiet success Jacon Eason is having out in Washington. The Huskies are only 6-5, but Eason is putting together some decent performances. Coach Richt had a knack for mentoring QBs. He developed Stafford into a QB who'd eventually become a longtime NFL starter. Then he mentored Aaron Murray, who probably outperformed his natural gifts. I think Jacob Eason would have been his prize pupil, but he never got to coach him for one down. Eason likely would have started four years at Georgia, barring serious injury. With their running game, coupled with a pure passing threat, they would have been unstoppable. I'm glad Tech never had to face a Richt-coached Eason!

It feels a lot like '81 right now, a time when Tech was inconsequential and UGA seemed unstoppable. But then '84 happened. Georgia was heavily favored coming into that game and ended up getting blown out. Georgia will be beatable again in a few years. If Tech can keep them under 30 points this Saturday and score a touchdown or two, that would be almost as good as a victory.

I think Kirby gets 3 more years, if he can't win a national championship with Tua, Trevor, and Justin Fields all leaving their schools, then I doubt the fanbase will be happy about it.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I think Kirby gets 3 more years, if he can't win a national championship with Tua, Trevor, and Justin Fields all leaving their schools, then I doubt the fanbase will be happy about it.

With Ugag spending that much its amazing he has had this long, Our fan base would crucify our coach if we spent the most money in college football in recruiting, and had a top 5 budget every year, and nothing to show for it. Its no surprise the teams at the top have spent the most money

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
With Ugag spending that much its amazing he has had this long, Our fan base would crucify our coach if we spent the most money in college football in recruiting, and had a top 5 budget every year, and nothing to show for it. Its no surprise the teams at the top have spent the most money

You really think they have nothing to show for it? They are dominating their division, won an sec title, are beating the piss out of their rivals, cleaning up in recruiting, have been in the CFP convo 3 straight seasons, and are positioned to stay there for the foreseeable future.