Let's speculate on starters if we get Woody

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You ever been? From what I hear, Fort Collins is a LOVELY place to live.
When I was offered a job in Midland Texas, they said i would find many things to do if i went 400 miles in any direction.
Fort Collins is way better place than Midland and kind of close to slopes and Denver. East and North not much.
If he goes I wouild think he is ready for a life change.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
When I was offered a job in Midland Texas, they said i would find many things to do if i went 400 miles in any direction.
Fort Collins is way better place than Midland and kind of close to slopes and Denver. East and North not much.
If he goes I wouild think he is ready for a life change.
I've heard Midland Texas described as the worst place on earth. I never believed this, because I've been to Amarillo Texas.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty ridiculous to think that Kelly would ignore DC offers elsewhere to come be a ST or position coach at GT.
Is it legal to smoke pot where Colorado State is? I am honestly not familiar with where it is legal. All or just parts of CO. If so do you thinking Bobo leverages that with his staff. LOL LOW STRESS film review sessions. Just kidding!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Is it legal to smoke pot where Colorado State is? I am honestly not familiar with where it is legal. All or just parts of CO. If so do you thinking Bobo leverages that with his staff. LOL LOW STRESS film review sessions. Just kidding!

Marijuana is banned for NCAA athletes, and tested randomly for the NCAA. Enforcement, however, tends to be left up to the schools.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't that describe this entire message board on ALL topics? (Including me.)

Edit: With some notable and rare exceptions of the contributions of former players and those extremely close to the program (tip of the hat to all ya'll)
yes. My hand is up too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
About halfway between ft Collins and Amirrillo is the worst place in world - its Ulysses Kansas. I built pipelines from ft Collins area to Ulysses.
From Ulysses it's better in any direction.

So it's ok in Fort Collins but it's not Atl.
If we get Woody and Kelly, they would work well with Andy in recruiting.

I looked at the app state depth chart and the players are not bigger than the ones we already have on roster. In fact we are bigger. Watching them play Toledo I did No it see a lot of full blitzes, but I did see lots of slants and big time aggression when rushing.
The players that will start will be agile and quick to full speed. The db and safeties will fly around- like Kelly had us play when he took over for Groh.

Last edited:

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Marijuana is banned for NCAA athletes, and tested randomly for the NCAA. Enforcement, however, tends to be left up to the schools.

Not exactly. The NCAA will only test players for weed going into championship games or large bowl games, individual schools test for weed and recreational drugs (usually randomly) throughout the year as they please and hand down their own enforcement. The NCAA does however administer one test at the beginning of the year looking for steroids and other PED's for all schools.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not exactly. The NCAA will only test players for weed going into championship games or large bowl games, individual schools test for weed and recreational drugs (usually randomly) throughout the year as they please and hand down their own enforcement. The NCAA does however administer one test at the beginning of the year looking for steroids and other PED's for all schools.

"Street drugs" is on the list of drugs the NCAA tests for. I would assume cannabis is considered a "street drug." You are correct that the NCAA doesn't generally do much testing for football, but it remains a banned substance per the NCAA.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
"Street drugs" is on the list of drugs the NCAA tests for. I would assume cannabis is considered a "street drug." You are correct that the NCAA doesn't generally do much testing for football, but it remains a banned substance per the NCAA.
Makes sense. I have friends that start for the Pitt football team and they have told me that this is how it works there. Maybe I was misinformed.

GTFLETCH

Banned
DE Desmond Branch / Austin Smith
NT Brandon Adams / T.K. Chimedza
DE Brentavous Glanton / Kyle Henderson
ROLB Anree Saint-Amour / L. Johns
ILB Brant Mitchell / J. Henderson
ILB Bruce Jordan-Swilling / Q. Jackson
LOLB Vic Alexander / J.Dingle
RCB Lamont Simmons / A. Kerr
LCB Tre Swilling / J.King
SS AJ Gray/J.Cole
FS T. Carpenter or Gentry Bonds or C. Campbell

Nickel/Dime....4-2-5 situations
NB - Kaleb Oliver or J. King

THWG

Helluva Engineer
DE Desmond Branch / Austin Smith
NT Brandon Adams / T.K. Chimedza
DE Brentavous Glanton / Kyle Henderson
ROLB Anree Saint-Amour / L. Johns
ILB Brant Mitchell / J. Henderson
ILB Bruce Jordan-Swilling / Q. Jackson
LOLB Vic Alexander / J.Dingle
RCB Lamont Simmons / A. Kerr
LCB Tre Swilling / J.King
SS AJ Gray/J.Cole
FS T. Carpenter or Gentry Bonds or C. Campbell

Nickel/Dime....4-2-5 situations
NB - Kaleb Oliver or J. King
This is a great list. I would switch Chimedza and Henderson though as I think TK would be better outside. Also. Oliver needs to see time as a rush OLB/nickel hybrid. That dude is going to be elite.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This is a great list. I would switch Chimedza and Henderson though as I think TK would be better outside. Also. Oliver needs to see time as a rush OLB/nickel hybrid. That dude is going to be elite.
What I like is how multiple we can be... just think we can go 4-3 to 3-4 just on how we line Anree up...

I to am excited to see how we use the hybrid OLB/NB... I think Kaleb and J. Henderson could play the spot well...

I think the spot to watch for is who is going to win the safety spot next to Gray.. Should be a great camp competition for that spot.